Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Case Opened] [ Solved] Issues downloading EXL2K report in Chrome

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Case Opened] [ Solved] Issues downloading EXL2K report in Chrome
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I was wondering if anyone has seen the same behavior as me. It seems that when I set my format to EXL2K and try to download the report using Google Chrome, the file downloads without the extension and windows can not identify a program to use to open it (This does not happen in IE8, I have not tested FF yet). If I were to set my output to EXL07, I have no issues. It downloads with extension .xlsx and opens as normal. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I am using Google Chrome version Version 30.0.1599.69 m. I'm not sure exactly when this start happening, but I don't remember having this issue a few months ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This problem has been discussed - I don't think there's a solution yet.

http://forums.informationbuild...7090336?r=6767090336

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link to the other discussion. At least now I know that I'm not crazy. It seems this is an issue specific to chrome, but has anyone discussed whether or not WF will make any adjustments to the product for resolution? Has IBI made any statements as to what changed and why it fails now?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I opened a case with IBI regarding this and this is what I got back:

quote:

Hi Eric,
I have found the following that has resolved this same issue in the past.
A change in the way Chrome works has caused it to stop respecting the XMH format as a Web Archive.
A combination of two settings is required to resolve this problem:
Use SET WEBARCHIVE = OFF to change WebFOCUS processing from XMH to XHT format.
Change the Redirection Settings for the XHT format to Yes/Yes to redirect and save the report to XLS format.

1. SET WEBARCHIVE = OFF
You can specify the command either directly within the .fex procedure itself
or you can specify the command within the edasprof.prf. Placing the command
within the edasprof.prf file allows it to be globally enabled for all
requests.
To set the command in the edasprof:
http://server:8121 (for a default installation)
Click Workspace and then Expand Configuration Files
Right click "Server Profile - edasprof.prf(TAKE A BACK UP FIRST)
Add SET WEBARCHIVE = OFF to a new line at the bottom of the file.

2. To set the Redirection Settings:
http://server:8080/ibi_apps/
Click WebFOCUS Administration Console
Expand Configuration
Click Redirection Settings
Change the settings for .xht format to Yes and Yes
Click Save at the bottom of the page
Click Clear Cache at the top of the page

Hopefully,this will resolve your issue. Although we have found as you have mentioned that a Chrome update has caused an issue.
Excel 2013 is not supported with WebFOCUS 7.7.02. Chrome issupported.
Also the version of Chrome that is
supported with 7.7.02 is Chrome version 7. To be compatible with 7.7.02 you would need to be have Office 2007 and Chrome 7 or Internet Explorer7 or 8.

I have been playing with the different settings a bit and I have found that if you set the redirection setting to yes/yes you will get the file with .xmh extension to it. You could then set your computer to always open .xmh files with Excel. I have been contemplating whether or not this is good enough as I'm somewhat hesitant to set the webarchive = off as a global setting and I don't want to remember to include in each and every report. Setting the webarchive = off will return the file to the browser with the .xls extension. I believe for now I am going to set the webarchive in the Site Profile as I think explaining this to end users would be something hard for them to understand and something they shouldn't have to worry about.

I do find the documentation somewhat hard to sift through when trying to understand exactly what each of these settings does, but this post from earlier this year helps a bit in breaking up what each of these things are doing

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6217072926

Hopefully this will help others who are having this issue.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2