Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Problem with Special Characters in URL GET (using RL Painter)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Problem with Special Characters in URL GET (using RL Painter)
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi

I am doing multi-select-drop-down-list using Resource Layout Painter
and I see that it does a HTTP GET using follg parameter -

pCar=%27AUDI%27%20OR%20%27BMW%27%20OR%20%27DATSUN%27

which seems to mean (I put underscore in place of space) -

pCar='AUDI'_OR_'BMW'_OR_'DATSUN'

Our site uses Siteminder and it is rejecting these urls because of the
single quotes.

(1) Is there a way to make the RLP use double quotes rather than single
quotes. I verified that our site does not reject double quotes.

(2) Is there a way to make the RLP to use 'POST' rather than 'GET'. I am
hoping that special characters in 'POST' will not get filtered.

If there is some clean way, that would save me from messing up webfocus
javascripts.

TIA,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Govind Jujare,

WebFOCUS 5.3.3 MRE - Solaris - Sun Web Server - Weblogic

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of WF are you using?
I believe that the default method is "post" ... are you sure that this is from RL, or is this happening for drill downs?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm using 5.3.3. My RLP has generated code with POST but still when I click the button it is doing GET (i.e. I see all the parameters in the URL). I observed that the FORM does not have ACTION. I also double checked in the browser by viewing the downloaded HTML page and it shows POST. I wonder if the submit is being done through javascript and somehow resulting into GET rather than POST. May be somebody can shed some light here as per why it is doing GET even when I see POST in the code.

The workaround I settled on for now is - I carefully tweaked the ProcessMultiSelect function found at -
$WFROOT/ibi/WebFOCUS53/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibirls.js
It calls getQuote function to get quotes. I made it call my own getNewQuote which is almost a replica of getQuote except with doublequotes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Govind Jujare,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I see the reason why it was doing GET instead of POST. The way I develop in RLP is - import the fex (so that I can get the input elements in the painter), create a button, link it to the fex with destination as _blank and delete the fex from RLP.

This leaves me with the input elements and the button. Now the button has an action OnRunRemoteObject which builds the URL and replaces my page with that URL.

Is there a better way of getting input elements into RLP (so that it shows only the report when I submit .. and also be able use the POST method) ? I wonder how everyelse is using RLP.