Focal Point
[SOLVED] My Content Folders

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6837040766

January 31, 2014, 04:17 PM
Valerie
[SOLVED] My Content Folders
How do you manage the removal of My Content Folders for users that are no longer a part of the organization? They are created very easily, but I have not discovered how to remove? Does anybody have suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
February 06, 2014, 09:45 AM
MartinY
Once you've removed the user from the Managed Reporting Administration, everything will be deleted.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
February 10, 2014, 04:12 AM
Chirag
Hello Friends,

I'd like to mention here that even after deleting from Managed Reporting Administration. I have found content in the user folder in Basedir. Though it's not accessible from the web URL but achievable from the back end.

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

February 20, 2014, 12:42 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Valerie,

Here's an update from the product division.

If a user’s status is set to INACTIVE so they can no longer access WebFOCUS we leave their private content alone, since they might have shared it to someone, and it is used in some other manner.

To re-assign, a Group Administrator would need to copy that user’s private content to another user. They can do that with Mode Manage.

If you want to then remove that user’s content, that you know they are not sharing any content, then remove/delete the user, and all their private content will be removed.

Regards,

Kathryn