Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Error setting up WebFocus Informix Adapter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Error setting up WebFocus Informix Adapter
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Recently had a hard disk crash and had to have a new hard disk installed which caused me to have to reinstall WebFocus (which was successful). I'm now stuck trying to reconfigure/install the WebFocus Informix adapter. I experience this same error earlier in the year and I initially configured the adapter for the first time and was able to solve by posting in this forum but I have been searching for my past post and replies to this subject and am unable to locate past forum messages on this subject.

Currently:
I have sucessfully set up the ODBC configuration to my Informix database on a HPUX server. Now when I go to set up the WebFocus Informix adapter and click on the "TEST" button, I get the following error:

FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -25560 (HEX: FFFF9C28)
: Environment variable INFORMIXSERVER must be set.
(FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

There has been not been any changes on the HPUX server so problem seems to be something I'm missing on the Computer I have WebFocus Installed. I was trying to remember where I might have defined the INFORMIXSERVER variable but can't remember what I did to solve this problem. Any and all help would be appreciated!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff_Rowland,

7.7.02 Windows7
HTML/Excel/PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Help with Setup of Informix Adapter looks like your previous posting on this subject.

Searching Tech Support for "INFORMIXSERVER" does come up with some troubleshooting solutions, but you must have already read these...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis,
This was the postings I was searching for.
Could I inquire what steps you took to to find these posting. I always do a search before posting a message but this time I couldn't find anything. I went to this address, signed in, clicked on the SEARCH button and performed numerous searches but never return this particular posting. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong when performing a search? https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums

Again, Thanks for your assistance.

Jeff

7.7.02 Windows7
HTML/Excel/PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
You should send "kerry", the FocalPoint moderator an email or private message - I just tried searching for "INFORMIXSERVER" and got no results (just like you).

I logged in to IBI Tech Support, accessible from the "Advanced Search on Technical Support" link at the top of the FocalPoint page - you need a Tech Support User ID - free to create. Then I searched for "INFORMIXSERVER" and got quite a few results, including your posting.

Good luck.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Francis Mariani's assistance I was able to get "back on track" and was sucessful in setting up the Informix Adapter in WebFocus.

Thanks to Francis and Kerry's emails I also learned that its possible to list all the individual posting you have made in the past.

To find an old post of your own, you can click on the Go tab at the top of page, then Personal Zone, then "View Forum Posts by XXXXXXXXXX". It should return a list of all your posts, sorted by date (the latest comes first).

7.7.02 Windows7
HTML/Excel/PDF