Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain form control with width of 100% of browser window?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain form control with width of 100% of browser window?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
It seems that the Maintain form editor only creates CSS that uses absolute positioning, width, height, etc. for controls on forms. Is that true?

What would be the easiest way to give a control, for example, a text control, a width of 100% on my form rather than an absolute px value? I'd like to have a title at the top of my form that stretches across the entire with of the browser window. Is this possible? I've made some attempts at overriding CSS values for form controls but I haven't been very successful so far. I've looked at the manuals and tried using:

form.cssname = "myfile.css"

then

formname.control.cssclass = "my CSS class";

to override the control's CSS.

The problem is, if I create a CSS file in my project in the HTML virtual folder or the Other virtual folder, what is the path to that CSS file or how can I determine the path to that CSS file? Should my first code snippet above look like this?

form.cssname = "/APPROOT/myfile.css"

My approot is "d:\ibi\apps".

I'm using Maintain 7.6.2 on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance!

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to clear up that the "form" in:

was meant to be the same as "formname", like in

I just mistyped it.

Thanks!

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We document that the way to apply a stylesheet to a form is with:

To apply to a certain class use:

In order to make sure the CSS file is available to this application after deploy use:

Form.cssname = "/approot/apppath/myfile.css";

One more thing. In order for Maintain to operate on a form before it is displayed, encorporate this syntax:

Winform Show_Inactive Form1
Form1.cssname = "/approot/apppath/myfile.css";
Winform Show Form1

Let me know...
Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I got it working now thanks to your clarification on the

"/approot/apppath/myfile.css".

I wasn't sure if it was /APPROOT or /approot or approot with no forward slash.

Also, I see from experimenting just now that I need to make sure that I override the style properties that my form explicitly specifies in the form editor with !important in my CSS file.

Now to solve that pesky right side gap that IE creates when I use width: 100%; in my CSS...

Thanks once again for your help! Big Grin

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows