Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Checking Directory Permissions in EDASPROF.PRF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Checking Directory Permissions in EDASPROF.PRF
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Let me see if I can explain what I would like to do in as few words as possible.

I have the WF Server setup so that it will authenticate users against the SYSOP (Windows Domain). I have an application which only a certain set of users are allowed to access. I am using an HTML page with the WF_SIGNON action to process the logon credentials. The problem I am having is when a user enters valid credentials based on the Windows Domain but is NOT in the group that has permissions to a specific directory containing the application files. After a valid logon, the WF Server attempts to run a focexec. I need to check to see if the user has access to the directory before attempting to run a focexec from that directory. If the user is validated but does not have access to the directory with the focexec, WF returns your standard focexec not found message. I want to check privileges before attempting the execution so that I can pass back a nice message saying they do not have access to the application.

Is there any technique to verify that a user has access to a directory before attempting to run a focexec located in that directory?

I am controlling the permissions using the Windows Directory security controls.

Please let me know if this isn't quite clear. Confused

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Mickey,

Just a thought/info/idea on what I've done.

Created multiple DOMAINS, one DOMAIN is for a certain set of users.

Then, on the server, under Configuration files are user profiles.

For the certain set of users, I add a profile for those ID's with PRPENDPATH PRIVATE DOMAIN

In EDASPROF for everyone is APP PATH ALL DOMAINS EXCEPT THE PRIVATE ONE

You may be able do all this in MRE administration, now...???

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I am already doing this. After the logon is validated, the Application Profile FOCEXEC (executed via the _site_profile) which I created PREPENDS the necessary APP Directory to the APP PATH. The problem is that users whith valid credentials based on the SYSOP may not necessarily have access rights to the APP Directory at the OS level and therefore the FOCEXEC CANNOT BE FOUND when WF tries to execute it.

Thanks!

Mickey

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mickey, here's an idea:

Since you cannot check for the FOC227 error, how about doing a FILEDEF to a file in the APP folder and then doing a READ. You can then test &IORETURN to verify if the user has access.

Just a thought.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I was looking for a way to do something like this. I will give it a shot.

Thanks!

Mickey

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
APP FI ...

-READ ...

Worked.

Thanks!

Mickey

Expert
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post