Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Multi-Table File Descriptions - Can you use them with Oracle?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multi-Table File Descriptions - Can you use them with Oracle?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have gone through the 7.1 reference material and seem to be stumped. I would like to have my entity data stored off as their own master files and then join them for reporting needs in secondary master files.

What I have noticed is that when you just do this as a Cluster Join it makes a copy of the master file description data from the entity and places it in the new master file. My issue is if I change something in the base it is then not reflected in the multi-table or embedded-join master.

I thought I could do it using the CRFILE command in the master and got my new segment to show up but none of the fields come along with it.

Can you do the remote references with Oracle or is it just FOCUS databases? I don't want to have to make the same metadata changes twice is my main issue.

I probably am just missing something in the code. Anyone have an example using Oracle?

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you mean by "none of the fields come along with it".

I don't have a specific example with ORACLE but you should be fine creating a multi table master file.

Here is more detail on multi table structures: http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...2/05rda4.htm#1026921

If you can't get it to work please post your master and access file.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I created a new topic. I believe my issue is understanding how to use CRFILE to join remote masters & acess files without duplicating them.

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post