Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dev Studio Upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.6.10

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio Upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.6.10
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We recently upgraded (still in the testing process actually) from 7.1.3 to 7.6.10. The server stide stuff seems to be working fine, but when I upgraded my developer studio, I started having all sorts of problems.

Within DevStudio, I can run all the exisitng reports and HTML that was created in the previous version. However, when I actually create a new HTML launch page, it throws an error on UpdateData(). I checked on a coworkers computer and this call isn't in our old 7.1.3 HTML. Also, if I open an old HTML page as Text, this is not there, but as soon as I open it in the HTML tool, it gets added.

Once the code is put in my existing HTML, it get the problem where it throws an error on that UpdateData call.

I can still run all the old procedures and HTML from DevStudio as long as I don't open them in any of the updated tools.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this happens? I plan to open a case with NY if I can't figure it out, but this can't be too uncommon, can it?

Thanks,

Wayne

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think it happened with 7.6.n and it is a pain.

Backward compatibility should be present via the previous ibirls.js files (you might have used ibirls2.js in 7.1.3?), although I still prefer to write the code by hand rather than use the GUI tool - even for HTML files existing before the upgrade. All of the HTML files here are hand written and use the 7.1.6 files for the most part as they cover everything that we need to be done. When we need newer features then perhaps I'll have to "byte" the bullet and start embedding the extras that the newer version requires.

My advice, don't open older files in the newer GUI, it's just not worth the pain. If you have to make changes then use an editor. If the changes are extensive then rebuild from scratch.

Good luck and keep smiling

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't open older files in the newer GUI

well said ...

quote:
Good luck and keep smiling

Well said again! Wink

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you are upgrading now - go to 7611. It has some fixes for upgrading older html layouts.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post