Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
dynamic parameter
 Login/Join

posted
How to find the dynamic parameter in a hold master file....it tells me can't fine in master file.

Expert
posted Hide Post
¿Qué? O quê? Cosa? Ano? Wat? What? Kaj? Gì?

Please repeat the question with a little more detail.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I think what you are looking for is a defined field in the master. Check your master and make sure you are spelling it correctly. Also, you might have another file that acts as a DECODE that is included in the master.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Rosina and I are coworkers and her question is: how to populate the dynamic parameters that are in a hold file to use them in the HTML Layout Painter?

Every time we place a dynamic parameter from a hold file we have to converted it in a static paramater to get populated.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6.1, Unix, Excel, PDF, HTML, & Active Report

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is the page having trouble finding the hold file? And I assume it is a permanent hold file.

Do you have a DATASET parameter in the master of the hold file? Is the directory where the hold file and master stored in the IBIAPP_app variable?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here's one way to do it (this is kind of the old way but works well for us because we have complete control over what goes into the drop-down list)

a procedure runs to create the dynamic list:
SET HOLDLIST = PRINTONLY
-RUN
TABLE FILE NCCIPOBF
SUM NCCI_POB_CODE NOPRINT
BY NCCI_POB_CODE
ON TABLE HOLD AS LISTPOB FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
FILEDEF POBCODES DISK /temp_location/pobcodes.ftm
-RUN
DEFINE FILE LISTPOB
POBGRP/A20 = DECODE NCCI_POB_CODE( POBCODES ELSE 'NA' );
LISTTEXT/A100='<option value = '''|| POBGRP ||'''>'|| POBGRP ||'</option>';
END
TABLE FILE LISTPOB
SUM
     LISTTEXT
BY
     POBGRP NOPRINT
WHERE POBGRP NE 'NA'
ON TABLE SAVE AS GPOBLIST FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

The you -INCLUDE your html form which is your launch page and includes the drop-down conrol

<tr>
<td style="FONT-SIZE: 9PT; FONT-STYLE: NORMAL; FONT-FAMILY: ARIAL; FONT-WEIGHT: 700;"> </TD>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-WEIGHT: 700;">[b]Part of Body Group[/b]

<td>
<SELECT name ="POBGRP" style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WIDTH: 150px; HEIGHT: 80px">
<OPTION value="ALL" selected>ALL</OPTION>!IBI.FIL.GPOBLIST;
</SELECT>
</td>
</tr>

The key is the !IBI.FIL.filename which includes the content of my save file just as I created it.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I still cannot get the HOLD file parameters here is my code:

DEFINE FILE MA_TARGETS
SEMESTER/A16V=
IF EDIT(TERM, '$$$$99') EQ '10' THEN 'FALL'
ELSE IF EDIT(TERM, '$$$$99') EQ '20' THEN 'SPRING'
ELSE IF EDIT(TERM, '$$$$99') EQ '30' THEN 'SUMMER I & III'
ELSE 'SUMMER II';
END
TABLE FILE MA_TARGETS
SUM
COURSETYPE
COLL_CODE
DEPT
TARGETS
BY SEMESTER
BY TERM
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD_1 FORMAT BINARY
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END
TABLE FILE HOLD_1
PRINT
SEMESTER
TERM
COURSETYPE
COLL_CODE
DEPT
TARGETS
WHERE SEMESTER EQ '&SEMESTER.(FIND SEMESTER IN HOLD_1).SEMESTER.';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

The error messages I get is in this:

The following error has occurred while processing this form:
(FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: HOLD_1...

Thank you,

Maday

Expert
posted Hide Post
What you are trying to do won't work as written because Dialogue Manager code is evalutated prior to the execution of the code to generate HOLD_1.

This should work. You can put the data in a hold file and then report against it if you want to.

Additionally, it would be much more efficient to screen out data in the initial creation of the hold file.

TABLE FILE MA_TARGETS
SUM
COURSETYPE
COLL_CODE
DEPT
TARGETS
BY SEMESTER
BY TERM
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
WHERE SEMESTER EQ '&SEMESTER.(FIND SEMESTER IN MA_TARGETS).SEMESTER.';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. What I'm trying to do is creating a hold file with a define field. Then I will use the define field to make it a dynamic field. But as soon as I run the procedure it tells me that it cannot find the hold file.

Thank you

Expert
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned before, you cannot do it the way you have it coded.

What I recommend that you do is pull the code that creates the hold file out of your focexec, put it into a separate focexec that has XML as the output format, create a launch page for the focexec that does the report and reference the XML focexec to populate the dropdown box.

Ginny

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You might try throwing a -RUN before your TABLE FILE HOLD_1 which would force the table to be created (by forcing an immediate exectuion of the command stack) before trying to evaluate the &SEMESTER variable.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I tried that, Darin, and it doesn't work. With the way her focexec is written, it is trying to create an autoprompt screen using a file that doesn't yet exist.

Ginny

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
yup. realized that after I thought about it because the autoprompting will happen before ANYTHING else if it is not initially resolved. My brain is still a little fuzzy from a little accident yesterday so it took a minute to figure that out.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It is a bad habit to get into to rely too heavily upon autoprompting. There are just too many things to remember exactly how it's going to behave. Ginny's idea (which is basically the same thing as I have coded above) is what you need to do.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh, dear. I hope you are alright. Your car, not so much?

Ginny