Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Is any one using MDI successfully? (ver 7.1.1)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Is any one using MDI successfully? (ver 7.1.1)
 Login/Join

posted
I have not been able to get an MDI built for even the simple Car file. Perhaps I am missing something basic. I am following the code in the manuals:

First I rebuilt the CAR file to be XFOCUS. Then I added the access file name to the master file:
FILENAME=CAR,SUFFIX=XFOCUS, ACCESS=CAR,$

I created the access file, CAR.ACX as follows:
MASTERNAME CAR
DATANAME d:\invpln\jim\car.foc
MDILOCATION carmdi
TARGET_OF ORIGIN
DIMENSION CAR
DIMENSION COUNTRY
DIMENSION MODEL
DATANAME d:\invpln\jim\car1.mdi
(I only indicate one mdi, is this correct?)

I ran the following commands:

REBUILD
MDINDEX
NEW
CAR
CARMDI
NO

I receive the following error:

MDINDEX
NEW / ADD ?
ENTER MASTER FILE NAME
ENTER MD_INDEX LOCATION FILE NAME
ANY RECORD SELECTION TESTS? (YES/NO)
(FUS20011) MDI CARMDI NOT FOUND FOR MASTER CAR
REBUILD NOT EXECUTED

Is something else suppose to be done? Do you have a working example that you can share with me? Is the MDI functionality a separately licensed option?

Web FOCUS 7.6.11

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim

Tried the same as you in 7.1.3 and raised a hottrack about it. Not sure of the status but if you want MDI to work then I would suggest upgrading to 7.1.7 which I think can still be done thru patchfiles from 7.1.1.

I do remember that to get the thing vaguely working I had to use filetype of FUSION.

I'm now on 7.6.2 so when I have time I will try your example and see if it works.

Regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post