Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Microsoft Access and Web Focus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Microsoft Access and Web Focus
 Login/Join

<obrienk2>
posted
Has anyone brought up a webfoucs dash board page from within webfocus?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Obrien, how is this related to ms access ? puzzled.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I speak from my ignorence... but if you're asking about if you can through Access to do some report without coding in WebFOCUS, i.e SQL... I suppose you can do this, if you have installed the proper ODBC in your machine.

In my home, I have WebFOCUS 7.1 and I remember, this version particularly had come installed with odbc which can be installed insiden Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Data Source.

Once installed, you could do a test from Access and see if you can access data...

No more info can't give Frowner

Hope it helps a little.

Web: http://www.eruben.biz

Prod: WF 5.3.4 @ Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 (Taroon Update 6) w/Oracle 9i
Test: WF 5.3.3 @ SUN Solaris 7 w/Oracle 8i

Posts: 52 | Location: Madrid | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
<obrienk2>
posted
I wanted to know if anyone has used a hyperlink within MS Access to open a Webfocus launch page?

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Confused more and more.... :P

You have an app in Access, and you want torugh a button or label, that clicking it, open and explorer instance wich loads a fex?

Something like that in VB?

Private Sub BtnRuben_Click()
' New instance
Set OBJ = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

OBJ.Visible = True

'Load a WebPage!
OBJ.navigate "/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=OneFex&Par1=1&Par2=2"
End Sub

Hope it helps!!

Regards...

Time to go home here in Spain!! :P

<obrienk2>
posted
Thanks. The hyperlink works but then when the report comes up in a separate window it asks for the login. Its like it looses its cookie. Hope that makes sense.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
O'Brien,

When a user logs into the Dashboard a session is set up with a unique session Id and then the cookie is written (basically). Are you trying to use a hyperlink from Access when the User is logged into Dashboard? To do this you would need to include the session details in the URL and that would be nigh on impossible (someone will prove me wrong).

If you just want to run a report from a hyperlink then you could use the self service approach and pass IBIC_user and IBIC_pass etc. but you would have to prompt for them and then include them in your hyperlink.

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, Tony A is right, you must pass that parameters....

One question talking about this, I usually, when I login into my app, IBIC_user and IBIC_pass are sent ina form like:

<form name="form1" action=IBEPGM method="post" target="ventanaAgenda">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIWF_action" value="WF_SIGNON">

<input type="hidden" name="WF_SIGNON_MESSAGE" value=" ">

<input type="hidden" size="1" maxlenght="1" name="VAR" value="3">

<input type="hidden"name="field1" size="3" disabled>

<table width="95%" border="0" cellspacing="10" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td width="28%" class="opciones">Usuario:</td>
   <td width="72%">
     <input type="text" name="IBIC_user" value="" onkeyup="rellena()">
     <input type=hidden name=usuario value="">
     <input type=hidden name=USER></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
  <td class="opciones">Password:</td>
  <td><input type="password" name="IBIC_pass" value=""></td>
 </tr>
</table>
</form>

If I would like to do something like O'brien, I can give a direct call like /ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=somefex&IBIC_user=username&IBIC_pass=somepass ??

Expert
posted Hide Post
Simple answer is yes, you should be able to do that. Try it and see.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<obrienk2>
posted
quote:
Simple answer is yes, you should be able to do that. Try it and see.

So is this the correct syntax for passing the USername and password via the URL?
https://webfocus.dcps.us/ibi_apps/worp/jsp/WORP_Views.j...e&IBIC_pass=somepass

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The parameter bit is yes, but the JSP code would have to deal with it and I'm not sure that WORP_Views.jsp actually does.

The WORP (aka Dashboard) uses different Userid and Password variables than EDA so IBIC_user and pass are unlikely to provide any function within the JSP.

Search the tech support site for Dashboard Login or the like and have a look at the WORP_loginsi.jsp code etc. to see if you can get some ideas.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

<obrienk2>
posted
maynot have done it correctly but it still dropped the cookie. What I eneded up doing was when I clicked the display button on my report I brought my report up in the same window. this way it kept the cookie but if I opened the reprot in a new window it asked you to login. Hope this makes sense

Report This Post