Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     -**urgent**- ReportCaster, how to use HOLD or PCHOLD to deliver

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-**urgent**- ReportCaster, how to use HOLD or PCHOLD to deliver
 Login/Join

posted
hello all,
same question again.
i realize most developers use PCHOLD to deliver the report. However in my situation, i guess it takes up too much memory spaces and my program fails in the midway.

the situation for now is, to deliver a compound PDF report via email from report caster and use HOLD to store every single report. and filedef the final pdf. but is there a way or a script that report caster can pick up the final pdf from the physical location and deliver???

or any other solution can suggest??

thank you very much.
Lilian.

Lilian
-------
WF 7.6 on WINXP, Teradata

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: August 04, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well not sure why your report would die....but here's away of doing it.
FILEDEF VPHEW DISK \\webfsahqd1\d$\ibi\apps\chddb_magic\vphew.pdf
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
" "
" PDF ONE"
" "
PRINT CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS VPHEW FORMAT PDF OPEN NOBREAK
END
FILEDEF VPHEW DISK \\webfsahqd1\d$\ibi\apps\chddb_magic\vphew.pdf (APPEND
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"PDF TWO"
" "
PRINT CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS VPHEW FORMAT PDF CLOSE
END
of course you would have to change the filedef's to match your environment. In report caster make this your first Job the fex
and then make the second job a file and put the file name in where you just filedefed it...and send it in an e-mail.

Also...Please go to your profile on Focal Point and put what version you are on...always helps us to help you. Good Luck

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Never used it, but in Report Caster, you have the capability of running a procedure after the caster job finishes, you might look for clues there.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks very much Prarie & Leah.

i will try out your way Prarie.. but it's much more complicated than that.. i have to insert graphs and make a couple loops of the report.. i will see how it goes.

Prarie, can you specify the way you did it on report caster.. i just have no time to further research on this subject. thanks.
Lilian.
WF 5.33

Lilian
-------

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: August 04, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You go in Report caster create a schedule, then at the Task TAB...in the first task you put the Fex Procdure. Click OK. Then you create a second task. Choose Task Type File and put in the location of the PDF file created. Then go to Distrbution Tab and put the E-mail address.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you Prarie, i definitely will try this out.
Lilian.

Lilian
-------