Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] InfoAssist "-* Begin/End MR Prefix -*"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] InfoAssist "-* Begin/End MR Prefix -*"
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Confused Has anyone noticed that the file size grows and the time to open a report in InfoAssist increases every time it's opened? That's what's happening here.

What we see in these are multiple copies of the "-* Begin ME Prefix -*" and "-* End ME Prefix -*", and multiple "-* Generated by Report Assist" lines. The file size about doubles each time it's opened, edited, and saved.

Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue? I'm headed toward opening a case on it. But, checking here first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

This is a bug. IBI has sent us a hotfix that we are in the process of testing. They also had us go in and delete some of the extra begin and ends and the reports open fast again. One thing to note the lines get added everytime you hit save so don't hit save after every little change. Also not sure what your webserver is but ours would eventually die from trying to open these once they got really big.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to hear from IB today. Do you know if this hotfix includes anything to cleanup / remove all the unnecessary lines in the existing reports?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We just applied the hot fix to our sandbox environmnet. So haven't had a chance to test yet but I think we are still going to have to clean up manually and this will just keep it from happening in the future.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I just opened a case, number 83452564, and would like to refer to your case. So, if you would, please let me knmow what that case number is (either here, as a post or using a Private Message)

Thanks, Doug
PS: What dept are you in? I was there a few years ago in Fin IT.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Case number should be 82442017,

Crystal

PS: Small world I am in I&O

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I run 7.7.03 on Win.
The only thing I see in the code are 6 lines even after many saves.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Danny, I hope that means that it's no longer a BUG in 77x Smiler

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just for reference, for anyone else who may come across this BUG in IA, my case number is 83452564. So, anyone else who comes across this can reference both cases, mine and Crystal's.

Here's to hoping that all your reporting goes smoothly...

Expert
posted Hide Post
We are analyzing the hotfix for this now for our installation. It seems to have been incorporated into 7.7.x.