Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Mainframe Focus PDF report delivered via Web Server

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Mainframe Focus PDF report delivered via Web Server
 Login/Join

posted
We are generating PDF reports from Mainframe Focus and then we FTP to Windows server. This works ok but we would like to serve these PDF reports using IBM HTTP Server directly instead of transferring them to windows.

IBM Web/http server picks up PDF documents from Unix System Services/HFS. I tried copying PDF documents from MVS dataset into HFS with some translation but that did not help.

Could someone familiar with this help me out on who I can serve Focus produced PDF reports directly from mainframe.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Focus 7.6 for Z/OS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try WebFOCUS?

This is entirely a web server issue. Without knowing how you are making these reports available (FTP site, HTML page with links, etc.) and what the problem actually is, it's impossible to answer your question. In any case, the fact that FOCUS produced the PDF report has no bearing on the issue. Talk to the people managin your HTTP server, find out how/which aliases are set up, proper location to make files available, any security issues, and so on.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This fex creates a PDF report in an App folder and then uses meta http-equiv=refresh to display the report:

-* display_pdf.fex -------------------------------------------------------------

-SET &ECHO = 'ALL';

-*-- Set up the report file name ---------------------------
-SET &FILE_NAME = &YYMD || '_' || EDIT(&TOD,'99$99$99') || '_output01.pdf';

-*-- Allocate file name ----------------------------------
FILEDEF OUTPUT01 DISK temp/&FILE_NAME
-RUN

-*-- Create the report -------------------------------------
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS OUTPUT01 FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

-*-- Display the report ------------------------------------
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=/approot/temp/!IBI.AMP.FILE_NAME;" />
</head>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

This HTML page displays an existing PDF report:

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/approot/temp/P20021031.pdf">
</head>
</html>

I think the easiest way for this to work is to have the PDF file in an App folder, though you may have trouble with that if you have a multi-tier environment, with the data server on one machine and the web server on another, there would be no way for the web server to point to the data server (though I could be wrong about that).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear that there is any WebFOCUS in the picture. FOCUS only - on a mainframe. So HTMLFORM and FILEDEF aren't going to help.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
<html> <head> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/approot/temp/P20021031.pdf"> </head> </html>

Perhaps the HTML page will help...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
content="0;url=/approot/temp/P20021031.pdf">

Thanks Darin and Francis!

HTML
We do not have WebFocus. Our shop tried WebFocus 7.1 in the past it seems but it had some problems so they uninstalled. I am trying to see if they can install WebFocus 7.6

Focus 7.6 for Z/OS