Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]1 field 3 columns per page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]1 field 3 columns per page
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have a request to show a single column report that has a lot of records. The user would like to reduce the amount of pages by displaying 3 columns per page. Is there a easy way to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Potter,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jay, take a look at Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Laying Out the Report Page > Working With Mailing Labels and Multi-Pane Pages, though this is for PDF only.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's another way to do this:
SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET PAGE=NOLEAD
SET HTMLCSS=ON

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
PRINT
COMPUTE FULL_NAME/A30 = FIRSTNAME || (' ' | LASTNAME);
BY FIRSTNAME NOPRINT
BY LASTNAME NOPRINT
ON TABLE HOLD AS EMPDATAHOLD
END

DEFINE FILE EMPDATAHOLD
COL/P6 = IF COL LT 3 THEN (COL + 1) ELSE 1;
ROW/P6 = IF COL EQ 1  THEN (ROW + 1) ELSE ROW;
END
TABLE FILE EMPDATAHOLD
SUM FULL_NAME
BY  ROW  NOPRINT
ACROSS COL NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, BORDER=1, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=10, $
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

TABLE FILE WF_RETAIL
PRINT FULLNAME AS ''
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE=LETTER, PAGEMATRIX=(3 1), ELEMENT=(3.5 8.0),
MATRIXORDER=VERTICAL, $
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=8, $
END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What's nice about Francis' technique is that you're not limited to PDF output. Very elegant.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I got this to work by creating a hold file in front and sorting it the way I need it. But the user wanted the values going down not across. But I may talk him into it because it is versatile for the format. The other version did go down but it is only for pdf as indicated, plus there aren't any headers.

Thank you for the help! I am sure i can use one of these and I will try to do some additional tweaking.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jay, I thought you might like the values going down! I think it might be possible in two passes (like we're doing now) We know how many columns. We would need to know how many rows, then somehow calculate a sort number. This would be an interesting task to work out...

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
They do want it to go down, but the problem is that some values will wrap. So it is hard to know how many rows per page. If I can get them to do only 2 columns, then it shouldn't wrap.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster