Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Combo boxes are not working when inside a form block

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Combo boxes are not working when inside a form block
 Login/Join

posted
Hope someone can help..

I created some html with a combo box that is populated from a fex.
Then I added a form block around it, and the combo box no longer populates.
Any ideas?
I am running WF 711.

the html that works:

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>var cgipath = "cgipath";var ibirls = "ibirls2";var multidrill = "multidrill";var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";var olap="olap";var olappanebase="olappanebase";var olapdrill="olapdrill";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,multidrill);</SCRIPT>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
 </HEAD>
 <BODY>
  <SELECT id=combobox2 displayfield="PLANNER" datafield="PLANNER" accept="0" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datatype="1" datafieldtype="CHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="planners.fex" ibiapp_app="PassportReporting"></SELECT>
 </BODY>
</HTML>

and with the change:

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>var cgipath = "cgipath";var ibirls = "ibirls2";var multidrill = "multidrill";var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";var olap="olap";var olappanebase="olappanebase";var olapdrill="olapdrill";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,multidrill);</SCRIPT>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
  <SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
 </HEAD>
 <BODY>
<form>
  <SELECT id=combobox2 displayfield="PLANNER" datafield="PLANNER" accept="0" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datatype="1" datafieldtype="CHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="planners.fex" ibiapp_app="PassportReporting"></SELECT>
</form>
 </BODY>
</HTML>

Robert Billing
Programmer
Loy Yang Power
Victoria, Australia.

Posts: 9 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why do you want a form?

In WF 71x, there are no forms anymore. When you put the form around your select, you changed the DOM reference to the parameter, and therefore removed the auto populate option. If you tell me what you are trying to do, then I can advise on how to do it in 71x.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
the form is the front end for my reports.
the user selects some options and clicks the open report button (submit).
the form action is /ibi_apps/WFServlet
This way the IE window is replaced by the html report.

I am happy to change the way I do it. What do you recommend?

I have seen examples that open the report in another frame, although that seems to sacrifice screen real estate.

Robert Billing
Programmer
Loy Yang Power
Victoria, Australia.

Posts: 9 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You control how the report gets displayed when you create your submit button. If you right mouse click you button, and select hyperlink properties, ensure the target type is window. Then for target name, select _self. This will give you the behaivour your looking for.

And don't forget to remove the form tags.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been doing my html by hand (avoiding the painter thingy).
I can see what you mean in the painter though.
I will endeavour to use it.

Robert Billing
Programmer
Loy Yang Power
Victoria, Australia.