Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Only new reports can see files in app server directory

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Only new reports can see files in app server directory
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I'm running into a weird issue. We have some production reports that we want to add a datasource to (a hold file or excel file in our application server directory).

For some reason, old reports that were created before this application server directory was made available to us, cannot now see the files in the join portion of infoassist where you choose your new datasource to join to. New files created in Infoassist can see this directory and files contained within.

We're trying to avoid having to recreate the report every time we want to add a table or datasource in our application server directory, as that can take several hours per report.

Is there some kind of cache setting or something that we set, to enable existing reports to have access to files in our application server directory like new reports do?

I've tried just copying and pasting the focus code from the old report to a new report (minus the stuff you don't copy), and then saving, and it does see the items in the application folder, but when i reopen the document the joins are all screwed up and only 1 table remains.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have the path set in the old fexes ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz, thank you for helping.

I'm not actually seeing anywhere in the fex file text where the link to the app server directory is.

Not in either the fex files where i can see the uploaded data sources / hold files in our app server directory, or the problematic ones where I cannot.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

Expert
posted Hide Post
Could it be OS level security issue ?

Are your reports all running with the same user is ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, it is just me as the user, win 7 64 bit. I think, after further testing, i sort of know what is going on, but no idea why or how to fix it yet, its probably something our server admin needs to check.

At one point, we did not have access to this application server folder. Any reports developed, while we did not have access, are unable to see anything in the app server folder. Anything new we create can see the folder and grad data from files on it. I'm going to do some more testing to see if reports we develop our stuck only seeing what was available at the time of report creation, and are not seeing any new files, even if they currently have access to the app server folder.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

posted Hide Post
Seems like it is limited to files created while we did not have access to the folder.

There has to be some place i can set the path to see that folder, but its probably focus code and not in the gui designer.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat