Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Multiple actions on single drilldown

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multiple actions on single drilldown
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have an HTML Compound report with three linked focexecs;
  • One is a bar graph that shows a monthly trend of daily letters completed.
  • The second is a pie chart that breaks out the report by letter type for the current day
  • Lastly there is a detail report for the current days completed letters

Here is what I would like to be able to do.

I would like to be able to drill down on the bar graph to be able to switch between days within the trend period. This should then update both the detail report and the pie chart.

I would also like to be able to drilldown on the pie chart (by letter type) and update both the details report and trend chart to show detail for only that letter type.

I have been rather unsuccessful in getting webFOCUS to be able to do multiple actions within the same drilldown. I have read other suggestions to do some fancy coding and combine two of the fex's into one, however I would like the three to act independently for the reusablity factor.

Thanks in advance

WebFOCUS 8201M/Windows Platform

Expert
posted Hide Post
Qweller,

You can drilldown to a javascript function where you could modify the location strings of the various components (I guess you are using iframes?). This would enable you to update all three items from just the single drilldown.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony,

For some reason that never crossed my mind. It works well.

Here is a code snip for future reference...

TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
JAVASCRIPT=testThis(A1),
ALT='Click to view letters completed for this date',
$

As a side note I am having an issue setting the src of the iframe once in the function. Here is my code..

document.getElementById("report1").src = "Controller?WORP_MPV=aj_mpv&WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LAUNCH_CGI&IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT&IBIMR_flags=&IBIMR_domain=DOMAINNAME&IBIMR_folder=%23clientletter&IBIF_ex=app%2Fnewproce.fex&IBIMR_fex=app%2Fnewproce.fex&STARTDATE=20070131";}

It calls the fex ok, but it does not recognize the parameter being passed. If I place this same function outside the MRE it works fine...

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
gweller,

Works fine for me when in Iframes on a parent HTML page -
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, JAVASCRIPT=parent.reload(COUNTRY), $
ENDSTYLE

and HTML code -
<html>
<head>
<title>Javascript Drilldown</title>
</head>
<script language=javascript>
function reload(Country) {
  document.getElementById("iframe1").src
  ="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?IBIAPP_app=focalpoint&IBIF_ex=js_report1.fex&Country="+Country;
}
</script>
<body>
<iframe name=iframe1 id=iframe1 style="position:absolute; top:50px;  left:50px;  width:450px; height:300px;"
  src="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?IBIAPP_app=focalpoint&IBIF_ex=js_report1.fex">
<iframe name=iframe2 id=iframe2 style="position:absolute; top:50px;  left:520px; width:450px; height:300px;"
  src="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?IBIAPP_app=focalpoint&IBIF_ex=js_report2.fex">
<iframe name=iframe3 id=iframe3 style="position:absolute; top:370px; left:50px;  width:920px; height:300px;"
  src="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?IBIAPP_app=focalpoint&IBIF_ex=js_report3.fex">
</body>
</html>

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the follow up Tony, I actually had just figured it out by cheating a little bit...

I put the drilldown back in via the focexec and looked at what was being passed by the system... altered it a little and this is what I came up with....

document.getElementById("report1").src = "WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=%2Fibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&&IBIMR_drill=X,DOMAINNAME&IBIF_ex=app%2Fdailycli.fex&CLICKED_ON=UNSET%20PARAMETER&START_DATE=" + s + "&"

Works like a charm.......Smiler

Thanks
gweller