Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Hide Recap Fields

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Hide Recap Fields
 Login/Join

posted
I want to hide the recap fields that are calculated and only display them in the subfoot. My code is below:

ON SUBGROUP_TALLY RECAP
PCT_RCP/P5.1% = (SOLC_DR / DO_DR) * 100;
AG_PCT/P5.1% = (SOLC_DR/FY10_GOAL) * 100;
WHEN SUBGROUP_TALLY EQ '1';

ON SUBGROUP_TALLY SUBFOOT
"" "

The following displays:

** PCT_RCP     40.8
** AG_PCT     1.6

Frost Subtotal 40.8 1.6

I don't want the 2 ** lines to appear in above the subtotal line (subfoot code). What's the secret to hiding them? It errors out if I say NOPRINT.

I'm using WF 7.1.3.

Thanks,

Will

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SLU Will,

Posts: 18 | Location: Saint Louis | Registered: April 01, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm not that familiar with RECAP.
But, I was able to remove the "**" from the subtotals.
Take a look this example.
-* Example of RECAP from Dev Studio Help
-* Modified to remove ** from subtotals
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM 
     DED_AMT
     GROSS
     COMPUTE DEPT_NET/D8.2M = GROSS-DED_AMT; NOPRINT
BY DEPARTMENT 
BY PAY_DATE
ON DEPARTMENT SUBFOOT
"DEPT_NET <ST.DEPT_NET"
WHEN PAY_DATE GT 820101
END

-EXIT
-*-:SKIP_A
-* Example of RECAP from Dev Studio Help
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM 
     DED_AMT
     GROSS
BY DEPARTMENT 
BY PAY_DATE
ON DEPARTMENT RECAP
DEPT_NET/D8.2M = GROSS-DED_AMT;
WHEN PAY_DATE GT 820101
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
ON SUBGROUP_TALLY RECAP

"" "

Will,
If you put your RECAP fields in the SUBFOOT they will not be displayed:

ON SUBGROUP_TALLY RECAP

"<PCT_RCP "
"<AG_PCT "

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Daniel, is totally correct RECAP columns ONLY display if they are not used in a SUBFOOT.

If you learnt how to read the documentation you would have found that out very quickly.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got it to work by making the WHEN statement in the RECAP section greater than any value that would appear on the report. In this instance, I had 3 possible values (1, 2, and 3), so I made it a 5 and the recap fields disappeared from the report. See below for my subtle change from my original post:

ON SUBGROUP_TALLY RECAP
WHEN SUBGROUP_TALLY EQ '5';

""WHEN SUBGROUP_TALLY EQ '1';

Thanks.

Posts: 18 | Location: Saint Louis | Registered: April 01, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Will,

With your recap you also specified 'WHEN some condition'.
If you just take that statement out of your request, it also works, since you have the WHEN clause on the subfoot active.
In fact, a WHEN clause on a recap is IMHO a useless clause, the recap will be calculated anyway, as you've noticed.
So just stick with:
ON SUBGROUP_TALLY RECAP

"<PCT_RCP"
"<AG_PCT"

That should work fine.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post