Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] WebFOCUS Configuration

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] WebFOCUS Configuration
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
My main aim to use WebFOCUS as of now is mainly for report distribution, where reports are generated out of WebFOCUS converted to PDF and to be inserted into Reporting Libraries to be distributed to users to view via dashboard.

I have went through the sample program on inserting files into the Reporting Libraries and managed to insert files into the Reporting Libraries and to view from the dashboard.

I have a few questions that I would like to get confirmation if WebFocus is able to be configured to do the following :

1) It is noticed that reports inserted will appear under folder named after the Schedule created. Can it be named as other than the Schedule name? What we wanted is to have a hierarchical folder structures when we are viewing library content as illustrated below :

... Credit Cards
....... Year 2009
........... January
............... Day 1
................... Report1
............... Day 2
................... Report2
........... February
............... Day 1
............... Day 2
................... Report2
....... Year 2008
........... January
............... Day 1

From what i have explored, it seems it is unable to have so many level of folders. Is it possible to have such structures as illustrated above or is it any other alternative ways to do it?

2) Is there a way that we can update the execution date and time upon inserting records in Reporting Libraries? This is a requirement that we need to show the actual business date of the bank's batch run and not the time that we executed the schedule.

3) Is there a search function in Library Content to search for the desired reports? Users requested to have a search function in order to facilitate them to search for the reports they wish to view.

Hope you can confirm on the issues highlighted above and if there is any other workaround method please do enlighten me as I am on a tight schedule to commit to deliver.

Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output

Posts: 32 | Location: Malaysia | Registered: December 29, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
After doing some R&D. I belive this is not Out of box feature.
One of our client has the same requirement, but we convinced our user to change the structure.

I would glad to know the work around, atlease in future if clients has this kind of requirement, we can implement & brag about WF features & Capabilities.

Posts: 36 | Location: Boston MA | Registered: October 12, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
1. In addition to the version number there are two folder levels available. These are the Category and the Schedule Name. When scheduling a Managed Report the default value of the Category is the Managed Reporting Domain. It is possible to change this to another value at schedule creation time. It is NOT possible to change the value of the second folder to something other than the Schedule Name.

2. It is NOT possible to change the execution date and time displayed in the Library interface to something other than the actual execution date and time.

3. There is a search capability in the Library that is integrated with the Google Search Appliance. You must have the Google Search Appliance to use this function. A search capability based on WebFOCUS Magnify will be available shortly. This will require a WebFOCUS Magnify Licenses.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Posts: 45 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 21, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
1. If the scheduled report is burst then a third folder level appears. This third folder contains the burst value.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your feedback. In my case, the reports are not created via WebFOCUS Development Studio. It is already in PDF format and it is inserted into the Reporting Libraries via Report Caster API. Thus, bursting is not applicable if i am not mistaken. All in all, we have no control on how we want to manage libraries, we are tied to Category -> Content -> Reports.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Since you have an application using the API you have the option of creating a new schedule when you insert reports into the Library. This way you can control the values of the Category and Schedule Name. Using your prior example you could create a Category and Schedule like:

... Credit Cards - Year 2009
....... January - Report 1
.......... Day 1
.......... Day 2

where Day 1, Day 2 etc correspond to version numbers.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gerry for your suggestion. It would look messy if each report tied to the month and the list will be very long.

I have open a case and hoping to get an answer from the technical people.

Thanks for your feedback.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, all output