Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Local Server trouble

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Local Server trouble
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I have set up a local WebFOCUS server with security off.

Everything was configured correctly. I have had to change my Windows Password and now things are not working.

Even if I have set up the server with security off, do I have to change the password every month in the Admin Console > Configuration > Reporting Server window (IBI_REPORT_PASS)?

Do I have to change the password every month in Dev Studio for the Local WebFOCUS environment?

I am confused. Since this occurs only once a month, I've forgotten what I did the resolve the issue the previous month!

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Try launching the Reporting Server Web Console, by default at http://servername:8121. You may see an error when you try to launch the page that references your server_admin_id. Next to it should be a link labeled "Fix". Click this link to correct the password for your Reporting Server. Then recycle the Reporting Server to make sure the changes take effect.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Expert
posted Hide Post
Joe,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm not getting any errors when I access the Reporting Server Web Console.

I have changed my password to the new Windows password in Admin Console > Configuration > Reporting Server window.

I am testing the set up of Dev Studio and a local server. I need to make this setup foolproof as I intend to install this for a developer and a manager. I am hoping to avoid password issues.

Thanks,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say "things are not working", what exactly are your symptoms? Is there an error? If so, what is it and when does it occur?

Joe

posted Hide Post
Do you run your reporting server as a service under Windows? If so, did you hard-code your username and password into the WebFOCUS 71 Server service?

Web Server: iPlanet 6.0
App Server: Websphere 6.0
WFClient: 7.6.9
WFServer: 7.6.9 (Windows)
MRE & SSA

Posts: 20 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: July 20, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
My WebFOCUS 5.3.4 server is a Windows service set to "Log on as Local System Account" - without any User Id/Password hardcoded.

I don't have security on the WebFOCUS server. What is the purpose of the settings in Admin Console > Configuration > Client Settings > Reporting Server? What is the User ID and Password used for?

I've set up a DB2 data adapter connection pointing to another server (via ODBC) with Password Passthru as Security mode.

My metadata points to tables on this data server connection.

When I log-in with a log-in form with IBIC_User and IBIC_Pass containing the data server credentials, the WF_SIGNON_MESSAGE parm triggers an execution of a fex that access data on this data server.

I also changed the password on the data server. I tested this new password by connecting via my ftp client and by the DB2 client - they connect properly.

When I login via the WebFOCUS log-in form I get a SQL password error.

This was all working sweetly until I changed my Windows and AIX passwords today.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Did you find a solution for this?

I'm getting "Failed to create Application tree" error and also server logged in safe mode.

These are happening after I changed my windows password.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kamesh, I don't recall how I solved this issue.

I may have inadvertantly set up my data adapter with Explicit Security and since the password changed, I may have forgotten to change the password in the WF Server Console. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
That's ok Francis. I did the same as you mentioned and it worked fine for me too.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post