Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     It's like Subtotal purgatory!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
It's like Subtotal purgatory!
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi, this might be more for the moderators/IB staff than just a question for other users, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
The tool I've been given is InfoAssist. I've gone through Course 364 - Building Reports Using InfoAssist - in great detail. I've flagged every page of that manual and know it quite well. I am now at a point where the reports I'm building can't be done without editing the source code from the dashboard.
What I'm failing at, constantly:
Subtotals other than a sum - I define, compute, sub footer, sub header, and edit the source code to make them work, and they still fail. Min, Max, Ave... they just come up wrong no matter what method I use. If I do get a subtotal to come up right, after editing source code, and then open the report and keep working on it in InfoAssist as I was before then my edits to the code are wiped out and I have to re-do them.
In fact, just putting no-frills subtotals on a report is so easy - click a button - but then the next time I click RUN the subtotals are gone. I've been told this is a glitch but if even that doesn't work then I really need a way to make subtotaling work. It's often the most important data I'm asked for.
Is there any documentations on subtotals that might help me (perhaps another course right after 364) or am I at the limitations of InfoAssist? I can't find anything in the InfoAssist User Guide and all answers I search for are writing code, not similar to what I've been editing from the dashboard. If I have to learn the code then I will, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Thanks for any help!

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs

<MLerner>
posted
I'm sorry to see you are having a hard time.

The release of InfoAssist you are on has an Advanced Subtotal dialog. Click the right half of the subtotal button (the arrow) and you can choose More Options... This will bring you to a dialog that lets you choose what prefix operator you want, titles, etc.

If this is not working for you please get a case open with Customer Support ASAP so we can assist you.

Regards,
Matthew

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Matthew,
It seems I do NOT have the arrow beside subtotal. I asked and I now have the documentation from the Summit session Dave Denst did which explains this feature, and I can see exactly where the arrow should be...
Is this a user setting somewhere? Or perhaps it's actually one or two versions up from 7703?

InfoAssist only - Version: 7703
Windows 7
Excel and PDF outputs

<MLerner>
posted
My apologies. You are correct, this was a new feature in WebFOCUS 8.

Sorry,
Matthew

Report This Post