Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML5 JSCHART - Parabox with Categorical Vertical Axes - Error Obtained.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML5 JSCHART - Parabox with Categorical Vertical Axes - Error Obtained.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
The following code...
-* Create relationship data.
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
LEVEL1/A1 = 'A';
LEVEL2/A1 = DECODE SEQ_NO (1 'B'
                           2 'B'
   		         3 'C'
			4 'C');
LEVEL3/A1 = DECODE SEQ_NO (1 'D'
                           2 'E'
			3 'F'
			4 'G');
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT
      LEVEL1
      LEVEL2
	  LEVEL3
BY    SEQ_NO
IF    SEQ_NO LE 4
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDDATA
END
-RUN
-* Visualize relationship data.
GRAPH FILE HLDDATA
PRINT LEVEL1
      LEVEL2
      LEVEL3
BY    SEQ_NO
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PARABOX
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
*END
ENDSTYLE
END 

...gives me the following error message:
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE=        4  LINES=      4
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH=        4  PLOT POINTS=      4
VERTICAL AXIS IS NOT NUMERIC..CAN'T GRAPH   

My requirement is to provide a visualization of 'relationship' data.

Per the 'Creating HTML5 Charts with the WebFOCUS Language' manual, I should be able to create a parabox chart with categorical vertical axes.

However my attempt is giving an error message, seemingly contradicting my plan/hope. :-)

It is almost as if there is an override that I need to provide to allow alphanumeric axes. ?

The graph was orginally created with WFDS IA. I couldn't find a way in IA to create alphanumeric axes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
David,

Which version of the HTML 5 charts document do you have? I find that the 8.1.03 document is much more complete then the 8.0.08.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Eric. It looks like the 8.1 manual echoes the 8.0 manual in terms of this schenario...mention of the support for categorical axes (joy), but no description/example on how to do it (sadness).

If someone has an idea, I'd be appreciative.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster