Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] EXCEL OUTPUT DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] EXCEL OUTPUT DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys I am getting different behavior when i run a report to excel that spans multiple spreadsheets. When i do a straight data dump exceeding 65536 rows with no grouping totals the report runs fine and spreads data across worksheets using code like below.... When i include the recomputes and totals on different grouping options excel will pop up the error stating too many rows. You hit ok and it will return all the data across speadsheets titled TOTAL, Recovered_Sheet1, Recovered_Sheet2 etc. Still getting the data but would like to get rid of annyoing error. Anyone come across this and have any suggestions. Thanking you in Advance...
-* CREATES WORKSHEET INT WITH 65000 ROWS PER -*WORKSHEET FROM STORED PROC RAN ABOVE

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
PRINT *
COMPUTE COUNTER/I9 = COUNTER+1;
COMPUTE WORKSHEET/I4 = COUNTER/65000;
ON TABLE HOLD AS PHIRE

END

Then doing something like this below using dynamic grouping

TABLE FILE PHIRE
SUM
hours/P13.1C AS 'Hours' AND
gross_services
net_services
billing_adjustments
reserve_adjustments
COMPUTE REALPERC/D8.1% = net_services/gross_services * 100; AS 'Realization %'
-*&GRPBYEMP
BY WORKSHEET NOPRINT
&GROUPEU
&GRPBYOFF
-*&GRPBYOFFN
&GRPBYFUN
&GRPBYSUBFUN
&GRPBYLVL
&GRPBYSUBLVL
&GRPBY1
&GRPBY2
&GRPBYEMP
&GRPBY3
&GRPBYCLIENT
&GRPBYFOLDER
&GRPBYPL
&GRPBYPLID
&GRPBYSL
&GRPBYSLID

&EURECOMP
&OFFICERECOMP
&FUNRECOMP
&SUBFUNRECOMP
&LVLRECOMP
&SUBLVLRECOMP
&GRP1RECOMP
&GRP2RECOMP
&EMPRECOMP
&GRP3RECOMP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Web Focus 8.0.9

Posts: 7 | Location: Davenport IA | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
There is obviously part of your code missing, we don't know what all of these amphere variables do. If you are having subtotals and subheadings or footings they are going to take up part of your 65K rows. Is your user really going to use a 65K lines report?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did omit the output section where &OUTPUT = EXL2K

-EXLFORMAT

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &OUTPUT BYTOC
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

The ampersands are all grouping strings built from grouping options passed from an ASP filter window. The odd part is the first sheet will randomly have between 13K & 17K rows with the headers and footers and subtotals. The remaining sheets will have the max of 65536 rows. And yes our users do like large volumes of dataI work for an accounting firm and the bean counters want to see the data down to the details.

Web Focus 8.0.9

Posts: 7 | Location: Davenport IA | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Cut your 65000 constant in half.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your response Jack, the annoying error message is now gone. Excel still names the worksheets TOTAL, Recovered_Sheet1, etc. Myself I could live with this, our QA dept will ask why ? Any ideas why it doesnt use 0,1,2 ie the number derived from my divisor the way it does on a straight data dump without formatting ? Also how did you come up with half for the divisor?

Web Focus 8.0.9

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
how did you come up with half for the divisor?

Arbitrarily -- so you could inspect output not plaugued by 65k overflow. (I figured heading lines : data rows ratio is not likely to exceed 1:1). Take it from there.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Your totals will still come out as TOTALS that is a function of the BYTOC. Also, the way you currently have it your worksheets will begin with zero. You may need to play with this syntax but in your stylesheet under TYPE=REPORT add
TITLETEXT="

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post