Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Hot Fix Release Notes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Hot Fix Release Notes
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Anybody know why there are links to some of the hot fixes, but not others? Is there a way to find out the details of the fixes that don't have a link?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sosterle,

PROD: WebFocus 7.6.9 on WinXP

<JG>
posted
Raise a case with IBI support, they are the only source.

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Having just checked you should be able to use

WebFOCUS Release and Compatibility Information

and

WebFOCUS Hotfix Information

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Actually, JG, thanks for your suggestion of opening a case. I did just that and this is what they replied with:

---------------------------------
The links on the page are to what we refer as Known Problems. These are typically problems reported by customers as cases. They contain edited versions of the case comments. Not all cases are amenable to this edit step. They may contain proprietary customer information, the issue is too complicated to summarize, or the issue is isolated to a particular customer. Some fixes, with a number less than 8 digits, have been reported internally as part of our QA process during development. These will not have links.

In Customer Support, we have made a concerted effort to edit more Known Problems so that they appear as links on the Fix Lists pages. As a result, you should see more links on recent releases than in the past.

However, if there is a specific fix that you would like to find more information about, our Customer Support staff should be able to assist.
You can just open a case referencing the page and case number you are interested in they can work with our internal staff to try to find the information you need.

We appreciate your feedback.
----------------------------------

But thanks for the links you just listed and I guess if I want to know about a specific resolution to an issue, I'll open a case with IBI. Was hoping it would be an easier answer. LOL

by the way, hate to be an idiot here, but how do I edit the title of my post so I can change it to "Solved"? I see a lot of status' on other posts and I just wanted to try to be up to date as well. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sosterle,

<JG>
posted
Never actually initiated a post so you need to check with a higher authority on that.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
JG - just in case you're interested, I searched around and found this:

The Focal Point member who starts the thread is the only person other than the Focal Point administrators (Kerry Zhan and Kathleen Butler) who can change the subject title. The [CODE] and [WORKAROUND] keywords by the nature of their usage would be placed in the subject title when the thread is first started.
However, the [SOLVED] keyword will be placed in the subject title AFTER there has been discussion and a solution posted for the thread.
To add this keyword to the subject title the member who began the thread should go to the very first post that they started the thread with and then edit it. The subject title may only be changed by editing the very first post in the thread.

Now we're both "in the know" - Smiler