Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HTML Output BORDER Properties

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HTML Output BORDER Properties
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am wondering why the BORDER code below has no effect on the fields. I do not want a white line separating each field in the subhead and the BACKCOLOR=RGB(192 192 192) for the fields. Every other line in the subhead is either light blue or white.

TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=5, BORDER-TOP-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192), BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192),BORDER-LEFT-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192), BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192),$

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I found a command to remove the white lines in between fields HEADALIGN=INTERNAL, but now the fields are right on top of each other with no space between so it looks like this:

$1,345$2,456$1.54

I will keep looking in online help for ideas

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could try using SET SHOWBLANKS = ON to retain spaces in your headings/footings.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW:
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=5, BORDER-TOP-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192), BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192),
BORDER-LEFT-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192), BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192),$
could be simplified as:
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=5, BORDER-COLOR=RGB(192 192 192),$
What do you have for the settings of GRID, WRAP, SQUEEZE? Is the output format for this PDF? If not, what is it? And then there is the age old question: Can you duplicate this using the CAR file (and post the code for us)?

Thanks,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am able to get the formatting I need. I added this:
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
but that caused my mouse over macros to not work so then I added this:
-SET POPUPDESC = ON;
Thanks for your suggestions.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Also make sure that the border is on.

In the stylesheet, is GRID=ON|HEAVY, or do you have BORDER=LIGHT|MEDIUM|HEAVY, or BORDER-LEFT=, etc.

Setting the colour is one step turning the border on is the other.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post