Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Problems with 7.6.5?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Problems with 7.6.5?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We just upgraded from 7.6.2 to 7.6.4 on windows about a month ago, and now we are thinking about 7.6.5. We have only one license for webfocus, thus no development system to test on, so we like to wait until a new version is out for a while before installing it.

Has anyone found any problems with the new version that should be fixed before we do this upgrade?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have just begun testing 765 and only have one issue so far which will not stop us from upgrading. It is a problem that appeared in 760 or 1 and was resolved in 762 but, bless its heart, has reappeared in 765. The gist of the issue is that even if you have MRE credentials stored in Show Environments in Dev Studio, clicking on the Report Caster icon still requires you to logon. I have opened a case and have referenced the previous case.

On the positive side, quite a number of cases that I had opened even from the 7.1 attempt have been resolved. Also I am excited about the new features.

If I find anything else, I'll update this post.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've been using 7.6.5 (dev Studio/7.6.4 Server) and haven't had any issues. It actually fixed a problem we had with the ReportCaster icon in DevStudio being disabled.

Having just one license/environment seems a bit scary/risky though.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Today I was testing the new and really neat feature of being able to freeze report, heading, and column titles while scrolling the rest of the HTML report.

This feature works great on localhost but not on my AIX reporting server. I get a stylesheet error on the HFREEZE command. I will admit that the two reporting servers though both 765 are at different gens.

I have opened a case and will notify you when I get an answer.

And if anyone else is doing 765 on a Unix platform (Susannah?) and wants to let me know how this feature works in their shop, I would be most appreciative.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ok ginny , i'll try that. as soon as we get an actual 765 up and running on our unix box.
its been, 3wks now. ageda up the gazzink.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny, i tested it on the 765 we have limpingly up.
it works [unix iplanet]
it just isn't too usable because it takes forEVER to load all the .js into the browser.
and it plops the data into an iframe or div(of some setable height..)..which is a 'canned' way to do it, and thats laudable, but there are alot of samples out on the web that yield better looking results, they're just harder to do.
i'll test it on unix tomcat when we get that working.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Susannah. I think my problem is that I need a later gen of my 765 reporting server because I'm getting a parsing error. I put the 765 server on last November to correct a server hanging problem. It is very possible that they did not add the freeze stylesheet code until later.

I will keep you posted.

Ginny

posted Hide Post
Jason,

I'm glad you asked this because I'm in the process of setting up a HUB(NT)/SUB(AS400) server.

I hope these items help out.

1) If you're using the JDE Enterprise One adpater make sure the user IADMIN has an account in One World (assuming security is pass through) If the security is opsys then the jobs should run as qsecofr, if it's pass through then iadmin will be running your jobs on the AS400.

The following two steps are for your webserver xxx.com:8080/ibi_apps/console/webfocusconsole.jsp

Under the Configuration tab:

2)Managed Reporting
Turn MR_ANONYMOUS_RUN_ACCESS: OFF
MR_AUTOSIGNON: ON

3)Advanced
Change SYNC_CASTER_ON_MRSIGNON to false, this was preventing the login of the devstudio client.

4)Make sure the user IADMIN has the ability to control jobs (*jobctl) so that the user iadmin can convert metadata on the AS400 webfocus reporting server. Once again, I needed to do this because I'm using pass through security. If you use opsys then qsecofr should already have this right.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I am happy to report that my freeze frame issue was resolved when I installed gen 275 of my AIX reporting server. I had previously installed gen 253 last fall because of a server workspace manager termination issue.

Now I'm going to play with FOC CACHE.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
let us know how it goes!

Expert
posted Hide Post
FOCCACHE worked as advertised! Although the doc says to use it for Active Reports, I just tested it for a drilldown report. I created a little FOCCACHE datamart and used it in the child report. The retention period defaults to 180 minutes but I think I'll reduce it to 20. Since the FOCCACHE file is only available in the same browser session (even with TARGET=_blank), it makes no sense to me to keep it for 3 hours. BTW the default location is off of edatemp. We will be able to use this to replace a bunch of Unix commands that our folks use to create temp directories using the process id.

Now I'm testing Google Maps!

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

I am successfully using FOCCACHE with a normal HTML report along with a drill-down report.

As you state, the command
ON TABLE HOLD AS FOCCACHE/my_file
creates the HOLD file in the edatemp directory.

I see a FOCCACHE application in Dev Studio, but I do not see the HOLD data file or Master there. Is this APP pointing to the edatemp/foccache directory?

BTW, too bad we can't set the FOCCACHE retention period using a SET command to make it report associated.

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The files are stored in a subdirectory of edatemp/foccache. That is where the ftm and the mas are stored.

As for the SET command, you being a responsible individual would never abuse that privilege. Smiler However, I manage business users who never delete anything. It would be awful.

Anyway the default is 3 hours and I have mine set to 30 minutes. Both are a long time to have a browser report open.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny, but what is the FOCCACHE app and why can I not see the hold files there?

Regards,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why that is there. It is not a 'real' directory in the approot path. If it is pointing to edatemp/foccache, you still wouldn't be able to see the files as they are in a subdirectory of foccache and Developer Studio only looks one level down.

However, with that said, I just looked at the foccache/master directory in DS and saw the master. Clicking on other showed me the file. But I had run the fex from Developer Studio. I suspect that if I ran from the browser, I wouldn't be able to see it. Try running your fex that created the foccache files from DS and see what you get.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions.

Cheers,

Francis