Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     webFOCUS StyleSheet (how to reference columns in a compound report)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
webFOCUS StyleSheet (how to reference columns in a compound report)
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have 4 different reports compounded together. I am using a webFOCUS StyleSheet file for the compound report. Most of the attributes are same but at times, I have to reference columns (to justify or give them different colors etc) from different reports. I am referencing those columns as N1 thru Nn. In doing so, the style gets applied to all the reports instead of the report it was intended for. Here is a code example:

UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
WRAP=6,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='COURIER NEW',
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N14,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N16,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N21,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N25,
JUSTIFY=LEFT,
$
COLUMN=N14 is from report A, COLUMN=N16 from report B, COLUMN=N21 from report C, and COLUMN=N25 from report D. How can I code the StyleSheet (or reference these columns) so that style is only applied to referenced column instead of all reports? I tried to use the actual field name instead if N1 thru Nn. Also, I tried to prefix the column name with the fex name (yicds01b.N3) but nothing helped. Any suggestion? Thanks for your help.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Posts: 35 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: May 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If I understood you correctly, here's a possible solution:

Put all the common style sheet declarations in a separate FEX and include this FEX in each report in the compound report. After the include in each report, add the style sheet declarations that are not common to all the reports.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for replying Francis. Definitely, its one of the possible solutions. Like you said, I can put all the common style sheet declarations in one file and then put everything, that’s not common, in respective report. I might end up doing that, if there is no solution. But honestly, I am trying to avoid that because my compound report will get huge, and it could have up to 200 reports in it. That’s part of the reason I want to keep all styling in one file.
Mike

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't see how putting the common style sheet declarations in an Included Fex is a hinderance. If you used real column names instead of referencing them with N1..., then you could probably put those declarations in the common Fex. Could it be that some of the declarations using real column names don't work because you have the column in the report more than once? For instance...

This won't work:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM COUNTRY BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, COLOR=GREEN, $
ENDSTYLE
END

But this will:

TABLE FILE CAR
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY(2), COLOR=GREEN, $
ENDSTYLE
END

And so will this:

TABLE FILE CAR
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY(*), COLOR=GREEN, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Of course, so does this:

TABLE FILE CAR
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, COLOR=GREEN, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the same column more than once in same report but it is possible that I might have the same column referenced in a different report (using JOIN etc).I tried your suggestions and it works fine for a single report. When using it in a compound report, looks like it loses track of columns and applies the formatting to all the reports (referenced by N1 thru Nn).
In my case, I wanted everything justified LEFT (default behavior is LEFT for text and RIGHT for numbers). I tried to set JUSTIFY=LEFT, and it worked fine. By doing so, I don't have to reference columns separately. But, this could be a problem for someone, who wants 2 or more types of JUSTIFY values (LEFT and RIGHT or LEFT and CENTER etc) in same report. Thanks for replying back. I appreciate your help. My problem is solved for right now.