Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to disable Deferred reports in MRE/Dashboard ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to disable Deferred reports in MRE/Dashboard ?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have reports in Dashboard. Is there a way to disable the 'Run Deferred'
menu action ? May be some configuration for each report for for the whole
domain ?

WebFOCUS 5.3.3 MRE - Solaris - Sun Web Server - Weblogic

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I had the same question a couple of weeks ago...IBI says it is not possible at this time. I was successful in removing the option from Report Assistant, but the option still shows on the "pop-up" menus on the report listing. Of course, I haven't defined a Deferred Report server for this configuration, so nothing happens when a user chooses that option. Thus, my desire to remove the option. If anyone has any other ideas on how to accomplish this, I too would be interested.

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Because we are using HTML selection-screens for our reports and only these HTML files are showing on the users list, we wanted to completely remove the pop-up menus from the report list in MRE and have the file executed when clicked on. Someone from IBI sent us a modified version of the worp_menu.js file. I can send it to you if you want to look at it.

Send me an email at :
blaperri@pharmascience.com

Cheers.

Web Focus Studio 5.2.5 on Win2k3

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
<Emma Schwarz>
posted
There is a technique you can use to eliminate the Run Deferred menu item in Dashboard. You can make this change for a particular usertype (admin, domain admin, analytical user, run only user, user and htmluser). It cannot be changed for a specific user or report.

There is a Dashboard configuration file in ibi/webfocus/worp/conf/bid-config.xml. Open this file with a text editor search for the line:

internal-var name="deferredReportsCapableUserTypes"

It has parameter values: value="admin,domadmin,theuser,runonly,user,htmluser"

Remove from the list any usertype that should not have “Run Deferred” in the Dashboard Popup menu. The usertypes in the values list correspond to: admin, domain admin, analytical user, run only user, user and htmluser.

Save the changes. You don't have to reload anything - the change will be in effect immediately.

When a user with the usertype you removed re-logs in to Dashboard, they will no longer have the Run Deferred menu item for any reports.

Note that before you make any change to this file you should make a backup copy of it. Any changes you make may be wiped out the next time you install a service pack release, so you will want to keep track of the change so you can update the file at a later date.

Report This Post