Focal Point
How to disable Deferred reports in MRE/Dashboard ?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7901092761

May 10, 2006, 01:41 AM
Govind Jujare
How to disable Deferred reports in MRE/Dashboard ?
I have reports in Dashboard. Is there a way to disable the 'Run Deferred'
menu action ? May be some configuration for each report for for the whole
domain ?

WebFOCUS 5.3.3 MRE - Solaris - Sun Web Server - Weblogic
May 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
KevinG
I had the same question a couple of weeks ago...IBI says it is not possible at this time. I was successful in removing the option from Report Assistant, but the option still shows on the "pop-up" menus on the report listing. Of course, I haven't defined a Deferred Report server for this configuration, so nothing happens when a user chooses that option. Thus, my desire to remove the option. If anyone has any other ideas on how to accomplish this, I too would be interested.

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
May 12, 2006, 02:05 PM
FliPPeR
Because we are using HTML selection-screens for our reports and only these HTML files are showing on the users list, we wanted to completely remove the pop-up menus from the report list in MRE and have the file executed when clicked on. Someone from IBI sent us a modified version of the worp_menu.js file. I can send it to you if you want to look at it.

Send me an email at :
blaperri@pharmascience.com

Cheers.

Web Focus Studio 5.2.5 on Win2k3
May 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
<Emma Schwarz>
There is a technique you can use to eliminate the Run Deferred menu item in Dashboard. You can make this change for a particular usertype (admin, domain admin, analytical user, run only user, user and htmluser). It cannot be changed for a specific user or report.

There is a Dashboard configuration file in ibi/webfocus/worp/conf/bid-config.xml. Open this file with a text editor search for the line:

internal-var name="deferredReportsCapableUserTypes"

It has parameter values: value="admin,domadmin,theuser,runonly,user,htmluser"

Remove from the list any usertype that should not have “Run Deferred” in the Dashboard Popup menu. The usertypes in the values list correspond to: admin, domain admin, analytical user, run only user, user and htmluser.

Save the changes. You don't have to reload anything - the change will be in effect immediately.

When a user with the usertype you removed re-logs in to Dashboard, they will no longer have the Run Deferred menu item for any reports.

Note that before you make any change to this file you should make a backup copy of it. Any changes you make may be wiped out the next time you install a service pack release, so you will want to keep track of the change so you can update the file at a later date.