Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Wild searching in maintain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Wild searching in maintain
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,
Can we have wild searching in maintain? E.g If I want to filter stack records based on some string value provided. Suppose ,I have a stack which have NAME as one column.I want to have only those records which NAME starts with 'A'. Something like we have 'Where (NAME LIKE '%A%');' in other languages.Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML

Posts: 281 | Location: India | Registered: April 21, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Maintain has a robust screening capability. There is an EQ_MASK and a NE_MASK statement that can be used with wildcards. I find that CONTAINS usually works in most situations.

Please look in the online help under Maintain_language_reference > Command_Reference > NEXT for a complete description of the WHERE statement.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I have a Grid which is associated with ClientRefStk stack. I have a Edit box at the top and a Search button.User can put a sting value in Edit Box to search for client_name that contains the string value in Edit box.
Here, EditBox is associated with 'ClntName' variable declared. Iam using below code to filter out the records.On clicking SEARCH, the function 'SearchClient' is called.

Declare ClntName/A50;

Case SearchClient

Reposition vw_client_refrence.VW_CLIENT_REFRENCE.CDB_NO ;
Stack clear ClientRefStk ;
For all next vw_client_refrence.VW_CLIENT_REFRENCE.CDB_NO into ClientRefStk 
where client_name contains ClntName;

EndCase

The problem is that on clicking SEARCH buttton after putting string value in EditBox,it throws Error "(FOC1539) STATIC TABLE: SCREENING DATA OUT OF RANGE " and grid gets blank with 0 records. But If I replace 'ClntName' variable in WHERE clause with some hard coded value within single quotes it works fine for me.But I want the value to come from variable defined for it.What can be possible reason for this error? Please advice.

Thanks.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Master
posted Hide Post
While I have never seen that error I am assuming it is because your variable has trailing blanks. There are two ways to fix this. The first is to compute your variable as an A0 instead of an A50. This is an unlimited alpha and is only has big as it needs to be. So replace your declare with:

Declare ClntName/A0;

The second way is to use the TRIM function so you are only testing on the text in the variable:
where client_name contains TRIM(ClntName);

This may require that you add: MODULE IMPORT(MNTUWS) to the top of your code AFTER the MAINTAIN line.

Mark

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I have tried both of them but none of them worked.Please help.

Thanks.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,

Master
posted Hide Post
Please provide me with a SMALL example. I need the MNT and the Master files.

You can send them to Mark_Derwin@ibi.com.

Mark

Master
posted Hide Post
One thing... What is the format of the field that you are testing against? What is the format of client_name? There seems to be a long standing documented limitation with fields with a format of vargraphic.

Mark

Master
posted Hide Post
There are three ways to get around this issue. It would be great if you could open a case and upload a trace so we can debug the issue. To get around it you can try:

1) Create an upper and lower bound:

Compute clntname/a50;
compute clntnameZ/a50 = clntname || "ZZZZ";

For all next Client_name into stk
Where client_name ge trim(clntname)
and client_name le trim(clntnameZ)

2) Load ALL the data into a stack and then use:

STACK COPY FROM STK1 INTO STK2
where client_name contains trim(clntname);

3) Pass the parameter to a TABLE with Exec and use the WHERE clause in the Table to send back the stack.

Mark