Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Save in 7.1.4
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
This was a comment from Tony A, way back in 7.1.1
One item I found within minutes of loading Dev Studio is that in edit, when you run your fex the undo action is not available even though the auto save is turned off. The fex is not saved so you can exit without saving changes.

We don't seem to have the Option of AutoSave where it used to be under Options....anyone know where it is now? Also when we click the save button while in a fex...the little Icon Diskette...does not Gray out....Anyone have that problem??

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to AutoSave, but IBI obviously decided the gray-out disk icon was an inferior means of signalling an update. Nowadays, look fo an asterisk by the program name in the window header. It's presence means that changes have not been saved. IBI and IbeME disagree on the superiority of this new method.

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Prarie,

It might be worth a question to IB on how the registry entries {HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Information Builders} "SvAuto" and "SvAuto1" are used. The installed values for 7.1.3 for these are 0 and 1 respectively.

There is also a curent user key {HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Information Builders\DeveloperStudio\71\FOCSHELL\DesktopSettings\AutoSave} where "SaveFexes" is set to ON but on my machine autosave doesn't happen.

With my local install of Dev Studio, the local server is started via DOS batch even though I have the "Start Local Web Server" option unchecked. Changing this setting and then unchanging it makes no difference.

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well the graying out of Disk was just fine for a long time....I was kinda fond of it.

Tony...I'll check on those settings. When you X out of the fex..it does not ask if you want to save your changes...and just saves them...now that is annoying, what if you did not want to save them?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
dwf:
quote:
IBI and IbeME

ROFL
Good One

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Prarie,

7.1.3 does have the greying of the save icon (sometimes Confused) as well as the asterisk (again - sometimes Confused). So you never are quite sure whether you have a saved fex on your hands Mad.

7.1.3 does prompt you for a save on clicking the X when the asterisk is showing or the save icon is greyed (but see above Eeker) so from your experiences I'm glad I'm still on 7.1.3!!

Post my 7.1.1 experinces I resorted to the age old game of creating a copy and working with the copy until I had a version I was ready to have saved as a checkpoint, and then copied the code into my base version. A lot of fuss and bother but at least I feel that I have control!!

DWF,

Is the greyed out icon in a response to the need to cater for disabled persons? - e.g. partially sighted etc. If so then I can "see" the logic. Big Grin

Susannah,

Careful with the laughing or some scientist will no doubt say that too much is not good for you!
Also which version of ROFL are you suggesting?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes that is a good one IbeME.

I just opened a case with IBI to try and get a reason for 'fixin something that ain't broke'.

We are actually on 7.1.5 now...for a SAP BW patch. As the testing turns....

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have a responce on my case.
First they told me the Gray out of the Icon would have to be a new feature request. I wrote back and asked how can it be a new feature when it was an old feature.
They have since recanted and said it is bug.

The X out problem is a bug in our new 7.1.5 version to fix out other BW problems...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Don't you just love it when previous features "creep" back in between versions Music

T

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We got a "Hot Fix" patch in yesterday to fix another problem...and mysteriously fixed the X out problem..so now can't wait for another patch...to take it away!

They are working on the graying out of the little icon disk.

Expert
posted Hide Post
De ja vu ..... Music

In FOCUS
since 1986