Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Pass the URL of the current WF request in a DM variable
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Pass the URL of the current WF request in a DM variable
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
How do you pass the URL of the current WebFOCUS request to a Dialog Manager variable?

I imagine this is done via the WebFOCUS Administrator Console > Custom Settings.

What is the name of the entity I can use in the command? It isn't FOCHTMLURL.

Thanks.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Is this something that you will be passing from one WF program to another?

Can you get the value of window.location.href into a JS variable, then call the WF program with a window.open('/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=sendURL&URL=JSURLValue')?

If that's not it, hopefully someone else can weigh in.

Regards,
Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know the URL within the current FEX, to display in a Heading for instance, or to write into a time stamp file.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Will &FOCEXURL give you what you want?

It gives you something like this -

/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=baseapp&

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
&FOCEXURL

In my environment, all I get for &FOCEXURL is:

/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&

or

/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&

I'd like the name of the fex and the parameters passed by the form.

Cheers,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

Apart from trawling through the variables available and compiling the string you want, I'm not sure how you would do this without intercepting the vform values at source.

I do a similar thing using JavaScript to obtain all the control values that I then pass as a single variable but it doesn't include the URL bits.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I thought it could be something set in the Custom Settings of the Admin Console. There appears to be no documentation of what can be passed there.

MR_USER_ADMIN, IBI_COOKIE_DOMAIN, SIGNON_CORRECT appear to be among some of the settings you can override in the Custom Settings. But there's a lot more you can do, just not documented in one place (unless I'm wrong).

In the online help for the Admin Console, it states
quote:
Tip: You can use WebFOCUS Script (WFS) commands with WebFOCUS Client settings in site.wfs (recommended)... ...For more information, see WebFOCUS Script Commands.
I cannot find documentation on "WebFOCUS Script Commands".

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
f, i believe 'WebFocus script commands' is the new pc way of saying dialogue manager...i went to a ibi-er lecture at one of the users groups meeting that was titled 'scripting' and it turned out to be just dialog manager, albeit a very nice lecture on dm. whole audience was a bit disappointed...as we were hoping for an actual lecture on js or the like..we all already speak dm in our sleep...frightening thought.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi Francis,

WebFOCUS Script Commands are documented in Chapter 10: Manipulating WebFOCUS Variables of the WebFOCUS Security and Administration 5.3 (DN4500599.1204) manual.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
When they talk about 'WebFocus script commands' what they mean is the code that can be put into
.wfs files such as site.wfs

For 71 look at

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...c/10sec2.htm#1058474

and

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...wf71sec/10sec714.htm

Notice it's all in the security documentation.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jennifer,

Thank you for the link.

It would be nice if the Admin Console online Help page (Editing WebFOCUS Custom Settings section) referred to this document instead of simply saying "See WebFOCUS Script Commands".

As well, it would be nice if the WebFOCUS Security and Administration V5.3 document was part of the WebFOCUS Documentation Master Index.

Thank you,

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm halfway there. The section "How to Enable Validation and Control of Variables" of "Chapter 10: Manipulating WebFOCUS Variables" of "WebFOCUS Security and Administration 5.3" provides the syntax
quote:
<SET> variable_name (option)
and gives an example
quote:
<SET> IBIF_ex(alpha)
but it does not appear to provide a complete list of what can be put here...

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
aha. thanks jg...very interesting

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what I was looking for:

<SET> QUERY_STRING = &QUERY_STRING (pass)

This provides me with the string after the ? in the URL (most likely for GET actions or for WebFOCUS calls created by JavaScript only). This will give me all the parameters passed to the current request, for example &QUERY_STRING could be:

IBIF_ex=brpr001&WFUSER=fmarian&RT=1&REP=2&RN=134522&CAT=1&B1=

According to the security manual previously mentioned, to access HTTP Header Variables, you could add the following code to site.wfs or add the code via the Admin Console > Custom Settings option:

<SET> AUTH_TYPE = &AUTH_TYPE (pass)
<SET> CONTENT_LENGTH = &CONTENT_LENGTH (pass)
<SET> CONTENT_TYPE = &CONTENT_TYPE (pass)
<SET> DOCUMENT_ROOT = &DOCUMENT_ROOT (pass)
<SET> HTTP_ACCEPT = &HTTP_ACCEPT (pass)
<SET> HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING = &HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING (pass)
<SET> HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = &HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE (pass)
<SET> HTTP_USER_AGENT = &HTTP_USER_AGENT (pass)
<SET> HTTP_REFERER = &HTTP_REFERER (pass)
<SET> PATH_INFO = &PATH_INFO (pass)
<SET> PATH_TRANSLATED = &PATH_TRANSLATED (pass)
<SET> REMOTE_ADDR = &REMOTE_ADDR (pass)
<SET> REMOTE_HOST = &REMOTE_HOST (pass)
<SET> REQUEST_METHOD = &REQUEST_METHOD (pass)
<SET> SCRIPT_NAME = &SCRIPT_NAME (pass)
<SET> SERVER_NAME = &SERVER_NAME (pass)
<SET> SERVER_PORT = &SERVER_PORT (pass)
<SET> SERVER_PROTOCOL = &SERVER_PROTOCOL (pass)
<SET> SERVER_SOFTWARE = &SERVER_SOFTWARE (pass)
<SET> URL_PROTOCOL = &URL_PROTOCOL (pass)

Interestingly, the name of the Dialog Manager variable you want to create (the name on the left of the equal sign) must be the same as the name on the right (without the &) - &URL_PROTOCOL is the HTTP Header Variable and URL_PROTOCOL is the Dialog Manager variable. If the Dialog Manager variable is not the same as the HTTP Header variable, it is created but has a blank value.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Francis

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Francis,

I have passed your recommendations onto our technical writing team for conisderation. I will keep you posted as to the outcome.

If there's anything else that you would like to recommend, please send them my way (jennifer_gomez@ibi.com).

Have a nice night.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Good info Francis, thanks.

One question though ... in 7.1.3 the query_string contains the entire fex expanded into the variable IBIF_adhocfex and is therefore very longgggggggggggg. Is this what you were after or not? Because it is not part of the "normal" URL string!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, I don't have 7.1.3 and I haven't seen the behaviour you describe - doesn't sound good!

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you get it in IBIF_adhocfex if you don't have the fex opened for editing in Dev Studio when you are running it?

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Francis,

If your requirement is to pass both the variable name, and the variable value, into a HEADING, could you do something like this?:

TABLE FILE CAR
  HEADING
  "&|CAR IS &CAR"
  PRINT CAR
  IF CAR EQ &CAR
 END

Which yields:

<BODY>
 <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=1>
 <TR>
 <TD>
 <TABLE CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="100%"><TR>
 <TD>
 PAGE     1</TD></TR></TABLE></TD>
 </TR>
 <TR><TD>
 <TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="100%">
 <TR>
 <TD>
 &CAR IS BMW</TD>
 </TR>
 </TABLE></TD></TR>
 <TR>
 <TD VALIGN=BOTTOM>
 CAR</TD>
 </TR>
 <TR>
 <TD>
 BMW</TD>
 </TR>
 </TABLE>
 </BODY>

Regards,
Dave

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
David, the idea is to capture all the parameters passed from the launch form, without having to know what they are.

appears to do the job for me (until I install 7.1.* and find it doesn't work any more).

Thanks.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I agree with your assessment. I have WF 7.1.3 installed in DEV/TST/PRD and the following does not work even when the variables on both sides of the = are the same.

< SET > VARNAME = &VARNAME (pass)

I got around the problem by doing:

< SET >VARNAME(pass)

or in the instances where the varnames are different:

VARNAME2=&VARNAME1
< SET >VARNAME2(pass)

Time to open a case with Tech Sprt.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mickey, I have seen this coding in the past
quote:
VARNAME2=&VARNAME1
< SET >VARNAME2(pass)
but have never seen any documentation on it.

Cheers.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I sort of figured out the VARNAEM2=VARNAME1 would work because of the way other set statements work in the site.wfs file. See the top of page 10-11 of the WF 713 Security and Admin manual for an example. The example shows simple set statements for IBIC_pass, etc. so I figured this was standard syntax.

Thanks!

Mickey

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just another FYI, the following syntax still works in WF 713 and has never given me any trouble even though the Sec & Adm manual says it is depricated syntax.

<SENDVAR>
THEFEX=&IBIF_ex
THEUSR=PUBLIC
THEENV=&THEENV
REMADDR=&REMOTE_ADDR
REMHOST=&REMOTE_HOST
<ENDSENDVAR>

Thanks!

Mickey

Expert
posted Hide Post
Mickey, thanks for the information. Regards, Francis.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This thread seems to be jumping between CGI call and SERVLET, so I don’t know if the thread started for SERVLET or CGI.

Within CGI there are CGI variables that are resolved by the CGI server as the HTML is “presented” to the browse. They look like HTML comments but, CGI resolves them into text. If you do a view source you will see the value,

The syntax here works on our IIS servers with CGI. There are a lot more CGI variable than I have listed here.

The Name of the CGI server:
<input type="hidden" name="cgi_server_name" value="<!--#echo var="SERVER_NAME" --> ">

The Browser (IIS) call to get to the page on the server:
<input type="hidden" name="cgi_path_info" value="<!--#echo var="PATH_INFO" --> ">

The physical location on the server disk of the page:
<input type="hidden" name="cgi_path_translated" value="<!--#echo var="PATH_TRANSLATED" --> ">

from these you should be able to build the URL in the HTML and/or JAVA script and assign it to a variable passed up by the form post or get.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Until your posting, it was never suggested (and I did not realize) that things behave differently for CGI calls and Servlet calls. The manual does not appear to discuss the differences between CGI and Servlet.

All I was looking for (and found) was how to configure the WebFOCUS server to pass certain variables.

I tried the code you posted and I am not getting the expected results. Here's an example snippet of fex code:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<BODY>

<FORM>
The Name of the CGI server:
<BR> 1 <input type="text" name="cgi_server_name1" value="<!--#echo var="SERVER_NAME" --> ">
<BR> 2 <input type='text' name='cgi_server_name2' value='<!--#echo var="SERVER_NAME" --> '>
<BR> 3 <input type="text" name="cgi_server_name3" value='<@-#echo var="SERVER_NAME" -->'>
</FORM>

</BODY>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

The #echo commands are not getting translated. Line 1 is as you posted. In Line 2, I corrected the nested double quotes. Line 3 is coded the way the manual shows how echo commands are to be coded. None of these are working

Thank you,

Francis.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To ALL;

I opened a case with InformationBuilders regarding the issue with:

<SET>VARNAME=&VARNAME(pass)

and

<SET>VARNAME2=&VARNAME1(pass)

Thanks!

Mickey

Expert
posted Hide Post
#echo

I attempted to determine what the correct syntax for the #echo command is on the Tech Support site and this is the message I got:

quote:
An error was encountered with your search. The text of the error message is:
File cust_queryhit.idq. Unspecified error
The search string that you used was:
(@all

Looks like I cannot search for #echo.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hammer - nut??

Francis,

How about using JavaScript to obtain what you want by just reading the DOM and retrieving those controls and values where the "name" attribute is populated or exists. This should give you a good indication of the list of variables to be included in the execution URL. You might have to deal with multi selects etc. but for you I would have thought that this was no problem.

// Show all variables that should be passed
  function show_vars() {
    var varlist = "";
    for (i=0;i<document.all.length;i++) {
      if (document.all(i).name!="" && document.all(i).name!=undefined && document.all(i).value!=undefined) {
// Remove the linefeeds when you pass the variable
        varlist += document.all(i).name + " : " + document.all(i).value + "\r\n ";
      }
    }
// Instead of an alert, place the varlist into a hidden variable
    alert(varlist);
  }

As above, it's a bit sledge hammer - nut but it should give what you want. Don't forget the 2040 byte limit for method=post!

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986