Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Preserve timestamp on FEX

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Preserve timestamp on FEX
 Login/Join

posted
How do I preserve the date/timestamp for a FEX when I am copying it either to another folder or outside the IDE?

Steve

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 6 | Location: Newport Beach, CA | Registered: December 22, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Steve

This is down to the o/s and you will have to look to see whether in the list of timestamps created modified etc there is something to suit you for the purpose you have in mind.

Regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
SteveH, what do you mean by the IDE? Is that Dev Studio?

Outside Dev Studio, I have found that when I use an FTP client that is set to preserve date/timestamps, if I transfer new files from a UNIX server to a Windows PC, the date/timestamp is set to the transfer date/time. If I then transfer them again, they get the UNIX server date/timestamp.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
An IDE is an Integrated Development Environment
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_development_environment

Dev Studio is an IDE.

While developing an application I like to keep older versions of my work in a backup folder.
How do I preserve the date/timestamp for a file when copying it to a new folder?

Steve

Posts: 6 | Location: Newport Beach, CA | Registered: December 22, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell, Dev Studio is not a very good IDE!

I copy my files from outside the IDE.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"As far as I can tell, Dev Studio is not a very good IDE!" LOL!

Well, I certainly would like to see things such as line numbers, better search capabilities including searching on all FEX's in a folder, in addition to preserving the timestamps.

When you have worked with Visual Studio you notice a large number of features that would really be nice to have in Web Studio.

Steve

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's June 18 2009, I am in DevStudio v7.6.8 and there is still no way to preserve the date-time of a file copied from one environment to another.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I drop to Windows and copy from there. The timestamps are preserved nicely...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I am on a three-tier Windows-AIX environment and the only way for me to access the files are in Dev Studio. I would like to drag files from one environment to another and preserve date-time attributes, just like FTP.

Thanks,

Francis