Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED: WORKAROUND] GAPS: top, bottom, and middle...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED: WORKAROUND] GAPS: top, bottom, and middle...
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
OK... Is there a way to adjust the GAP for data in such a way that MS Word does the paragraph spacing (Before and After) so that it is not applied to the middle of the paragraph?

Run the following code and "select all" in the resultant PDF to see that the GAP is applied to all the lines in the 'McGuyver/A800" field. I need that field to be treated as a single paragraph with the gap applied before and after it - not to the "middle lines" of the "paragraph.

You pointers are greatly appreciated. Big Grin
DEFINE FILE CAR
McGuyver/A800 WITH COUNTRY = 'Ford Motor Company: Ask any fashionista, 
and she will tell you: Don’t even think about wearing those chandelier earrings 
with shorts and tennis shoes. No way. There are, after all, certain rules that 
apply to fashion and accessories. Ask Earl Lucas, exterior design manager for the 
2010 Taurus, and he’ll tell you those same accessorizing rules apply even if 
you’re designing a sophisticated sedan. Just like a person, 
every car has a personality and an image to convey, says the former jewelry designer. 
The "accessories," which in this case are the headlamps of the 2010 Ford Taurus, 
must be designed and detailed to project the proper image. The Taurus is a confident, 
well-balanced car. It has the jewelry to match.' ; 
END
TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT MacGyver COUNTRY
BY CAR 
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='LETTER', SQUEEZE=ON, GRID=OFF,
 LEFTMARGIN=0.5, RIGHTMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25,$
 TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=9, STYLE=NORMAL, TOPGAP=.05, BOTTOMGAP=.05,$
 TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=MacGyver, WRAP = 4.0,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-* Source: http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn...nhancesAnOutfit.aspx

Thanks,
Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would suggest:

DEFINE FILE CAR
McGuyver/A800 WITH COUNTRY = 'Ford Motor Company: Ask any fashionista, and she will tell you: Don’t even think about wearing those chandelier earrings with shorts and tennis shoes. No way. There are, after all, certain rules that apply to fashion and accessories. Ask Earl Lucas, exterior design manager for the 2010 Taurus, and he’ll tell you those same accessorizing rules apply even if you’re designing a sophisticated sedan. Just like a person, every car has a personality and an image to convey, says the former jewelry designer. The "accessories," which in this case are the headlamps of the 2010 Ford Taurus, must be designed and detailed to project the proper image. The Taurus is a confident, well-balanced car. It has the jewelry to match.' ; 
END
TABLE FILE CAR 
PRINT McGuyver COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON CAR SUBFOOT
" " 
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=9, STYLE=NORMAL, $
 TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=McGuyver, WRAP = 4.0, $
 TYPE=SUBFOOT, SIZE=3, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Good One Way to go Danny... I like it... It'll do the trick... I can use that... I guess I was lost in the "GAP"...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
After looking at my requirement a bit deeper, I found that I needed more then that. The SUBFOOT was already used with a BORDER-TOP=MEDIUM to simulate / complete the frame around the entire report. So, I had to dig deeper and came up with the following code:
-* Build a variable for the McGuyver/A130 field
-SET &YADA = 'YADA YADA YADA ' ;
-REPEAT ENDOFYADA 3 TIMES ;
-SET &YADA = &YADA || (' ' | &YADA) ;
-ENDOFYADA
-* DEFINE the McGuyver field and a SORT field for the fianl aprt of the frame AND for an OVER field.
DEFINE FILE CAR
McGuyver/A130 WITH COUNTRY = '&YADA.EVAL' ;
SORT1/A1 = ' ' ;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT McGuyver AS '' COUNTRY AS '' OVER SORT1 AS ''
BY SORT1 NOPRINT
BY CAR AS ''
ON SORT1 SUBHEAD
"</1>Whatever... This simulates a report heading...</1>"
"Car <12>Notes <50>Country</1>"
ON SORT1 SUBFOOT
" "
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 2
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=9, STYLE=NORMAL, $
 TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=CAR, WRAP = 0.95,$
 TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=McGuyver, WRAP = 4.05,$
 TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=COUNTRY, WRAP = 1.0,$
 TYPE=SUBFOOT, BORDER-TOP=MEDIUM, $
 TYPE=SUBHEAD, BORDER-TOP=MEDIUM, BORDER-LEFT=MEDIUM, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM, STYLE=BOLD, JUSTIFY=LEFT,$
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BORDER-LEFT=MEDIUM,$
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,$
ENDSTYLE
END
Hey, it works... Thanks again Danny... I'll use the original solution someday (I'm sure)...

PS: I'm posting this because it contains some tips and techniques that someone should find useful someday... Big Grin