Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Business Intelligence Dashboard (BID) popups

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Business Intelligence Dashboard (BID) popups
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where the following code is generated or controlled by

setRunWindowParams("")

i can see it in the source code for a BID public view?

Posts: 18 | Location: Trenton, New Jersey | Registered: November 24, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this is where it's added to a BID window:

Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\webapps\webfocus53\components\woas\report\WOAS_list.jsp

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks.... it looks like it is exactly where I need to change the values...

again, thanks

Posts: 18 | Location: Trenton, New Jersey | Registered: November 24, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Be careful! Make a backup! Also, depending on how the webapp was defined in the Web container app (IIS, Tomcat, etc.) you may need to recycle the Web container app for the change to be recognized.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
we use AIX with WebSphere so I believe we have to "recycle"..

as to backing up, based on how I type, I always backup.

Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
Server was re-cycled but I do not see the changes when I view source!

any ideas?

Expert
posted Hide Post
OK, I don't know the correct terminolgy here. The app that's defined to the web container app - is it pointing to the app folder (C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\webapps\webfocus53), or the web archive file (O:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\webapps\webfocus53.war)?

If it's pointing to the web archive file, the file needs to be recreated, or you can change the web app definition to point to the app folder.

Francis

posted Hide Post
We point to the web folder...

Our WebSphere techies do the recycle.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm flummoxed. dhagen may be able to help.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
perhaps there's a cache in WebSpehere that needs emptying...

Francis

posted Hide Post
in retrospect, i really didn't describe where i was trying to get this to work correctly.. My apologies.

when you create an output window as a "LINK"... this is were I want to control the popup.

does this make a difference?

Expert
posted Hide Post
John, what behaviour are you trying to modify?

Francis

posted Hide Post
one of the options that you have for content are "links". you can list multiple fexs that a user can launch.

these links are what i want to control.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, John, but what is it you want to control in the links?

Francis

posted Hide Post
when a user clicks on a report link, they get a full access window, I wish to limit the window the report opens in. actually any report that is executed after a user gets a screen (drill downs, URLs, etc.) i would like to control so that there is never a location/address, toolbar or menubar.

Expert
posted Hide Post
John, you *may* be able to do this by altering some JavaScript instead of the JSP files.

I created a block with some Liks in a BID view. This is the trail I've followed so far:

Click a Link hyperlink.

Function showPopupNoTree in file C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\menu\worp_menu-adapter.js is triggered.

Function showPopupNoTree calls function showMenu in file C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\menu\worp_menu.js.

The line eval(onClickEvent); in function showMenu calls openLink in file C:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\util\worp_runtime.js.

Some code in function showMenu actually opens the window, I haven't figured out that part yet.

I hope this gets you a little closer to achieving what you require.

Good Night, and Good Luck.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Function openLink calls function run_it, and it is this function that opens the new window.

At the top of file worp_runtime.js, variable runWindowParams is declared with a blank value. I modified that blank value to 'location=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no'.

For some reason I cannot understand (the JS is quite convoluted), the value of runWindowParams is blank when it is used in the window.open commands. So I just replaced the 'window features' part of the window.open: wherever there is a window.open, replace the third argument with 'location=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no'.

For instance, where you see
window.open(run_url, something, winParms); replace winParms with the above code.
Where you see window.open(run_url, something, this.getRunWindowParams()); replace this.getRunWindowParams() with the above code.

BE CAREFUL! These functions are used to open all kinds of windows, you will have to find the window.open lines that deal with links in views. The one for a URL is in function openNewWindow.

Does it have to be so complicated?

Francis

posted Hide Post
yes... it has to be this hard, otherwise, i would not have had the opportunity to find a knowledgable resource like you. I can't begin to tell you how thankful i am for your assistance.

if you are ever near Trenton, NJ let me know and maybe we can have lunch or something.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We struggle with the javascript quite a bit in our installation, especially in debugging browser behavior differences between IE and Firefox.

Resources that have been suggested by IBI tech support wizards for debugging javascript code are

Internet Explorer - DebugBar and CompanionJS
http://www.debugbar.com

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/CompanionJS/HomePage

Firefox - Firebug extension
http://www.getfirebug.com

I've used Firebug with Firefox. It is an incredible tool allowing breakpoints, step-through tracing, examining variables and properties, changing them on the fly, and handles JS, CSS, DOM, etc -- my personal favorite.

Be advised if you use Firefox to debug WF javascript, it won't help a lot for IE debugging, as the DOMs are different (got to love Microsoft's "independence" in using W3C standards), so the JS code has different code paths for IE.

But I agree, the code is complex and convoluted. Tracing down problems or trying to apply custom mods are always a challenge for us.

Regards,

-- Dan
University of Nebraska at Omaha
WF 7.1.6 Linux -- Test: WF 7.6.1 Linux

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Kenny,

posted Hide Post
this worked......

I believe making the changes in function openNewWindow(run_url)

was the one that made it work.

Again, my Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
John, I'm glad it worked out! I learnt something too. I pormise to contact you if I'm ever in Trenton.

Cheers.

Francis