Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Print Ready Excel Template

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Print Ready Excel Template
 Login/Join

posted
I'm just starting to use Excel Templates and are trying to figure out how to simply use the template feature to get a print ready report. I saw the posting about using a Macro, and were successful in doing that. However, my spreadsheet is being sent outside the company, and they are not too keen on running Macros. I thought I heard someone talking about a different solution at Summit, whereby the data sheet was deleted after the data was populated. One of my reports is just one tab, however, the second one has 2 tabs with 2 different report on them.

One thing I couldn't figure out when using the method with the datasheet (besides how to hide or delete it afterwards) was how to reference the data when it is an unknown number of rows, including subtotal and totals.

I appriciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks, Marie

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Win 2K SP2 - Self Service, Informix SQL Passthru

Posts: 14 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: June 15, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Marie,

This is really an Excel question and you might have more success looking on an Excel forum.

However, and having said that, Excel retains information about the last cell in the work sheet and this is accessible via - Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell) - which can be suffixed by Row or Column to enable you to construct your range statement.

Remember that you have to have a minimum of two work sheets within a web archive and therefore for your single sheet output you might like to add a delete for the work sheet that is not required.

Finally remember that you can reproduce most of what you want to do by doing it manually after choosing to record a new macro and then just rob the code produced Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Now, my questing is, how do you delete a worksheet? Any code sample?

Secondly, when you say to rob the Macro code, where would I put that code without actually having the user run a Macro?

Thanks, Marie

Expert
posted Hide Post
Marie,

You say that the external users are not too keen on running macros, that doesn't say that they won't Wink and if they want the output in Excel and formatted ready to print then it's not an onerous task for them. Show them the macros if they are that concerned. Alternatively get your company to fork out to get a digital signature or what ever it needs. Check out an MS Eggshell forum for info.

As for deletion of a worksheet, try worksheet("name").delete or check the help files for the syntax.

To run the macro without the user having to do anything other than set Eggshell to a medium macro security setting and click enable macros when asked, place the code in the Workbook_Open() function.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Tony!

Based on your replies, I guess there is no way to do this within the WebFOCUS code. You have to do things in Excel.

Thanks, Marie