Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Sum values per account

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Sum values per account
 Login/Join

posted
I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to WebFOCUS.

I've looked about here in these forums, and I can't seem to find an answer to my question. This is what I currently have.

NAME PERIOD AMT_BILLED AMT2
-----------------------------------
AAA 201101 100 25
AAA 201102 100 50
AAA 201103 100 25

BBB 201101 50 10
BBB 201102 50 20
BBB 201103 50 20

I need to sum the AMT2 field based on what periods a user selects. So if the user were to select 201101 and 201102 for periods this is the output that would be expected:

NAME AMT_BILLED AMT2
-----------------------------------
AAA 100 75

BBB 50 30

I've found the REPEAT command which seems like it my do what I want it to, but I can't seem to get it to work. When ever I run it adds the AMT2 from each of the records in the output instead of a group of one account at a time.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and if there is any other information I can give you to help you help me I shall do my best to provide said information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RandomGuy234,

WF Version: 7611
Output: Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1. create master file describing data
2. link master and data (for instance access file for sql, filedef for plain text)
3. create report, something like:
table file master
sum amt2
by name
by amt_billed
end
The repeat command is for Dialog manager, which is not very useful for creating reports.
And, a basic course on how to do reports in WebFocus would also be very helpful.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cools, so a BY field is not summed. That partially solves my problem. I need the AMT_BILLED field to display elsewhere in the report and it needs to show it's value every time.

Also, I'd like to mention that this is a big monstrosity of a report that I've taken over, so I'm a little leery of hacking away at it too much. I do have some sort of basic understanding of WebFOCUS, although I may be missing a few things here and there.

WF Version: 7611
Output: Excel, PDF, HTML