Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]DS HTML Composter: How to add a Defer button to an existing html launch page?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]DS HTML Composter: How to add a Defer button to an existing html launch page?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I can't figure out how to add a Run Defer button to an existing html launch page. Any ideas?

(Mod: changed the word "can" to "can't"!!!)

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Create a brand new page, copy/paste the "behind the scenes" code generated by HTMl composer for the 'Run Defer' control into the old page and adjust parameters accordingly ...

I know how much you hate hacking into code though Wink

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is what I managed to find about the "Run Deferred" button:

<INPUT style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(htmlpathsub/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/defer.gif); Z-INDEX: 8; POSITION: absolute; 
BACKGROUND-COLOR: lavender; WIDTH: 38px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; HEIGHT: 22px; TOP: 83px; LEFT: 48px" 
id=form1Defer tabIndex=7 onclick="OnExecute(this);return false;" value=" " type=button requests_list="1" name="button2">

Other than style (which includes Z-INDEX), I think requests_list, name and tabIndex are to be adjusted.

requests_list="1" in my sample page has this code further ahead in the .htm file:

<requestid id="1"></requestid>

There's nothing really there but it's better to leave it. If I delete the Run Defer button, the requestId tag also gets removed.

The weird part is that I could not find anything else in the page that would hint WF to know that OnExecute() should start a "Run Defer" action as the "Run Schedule" button does exactly the same ... unless the javascript API is "smart" enough to make decisions based on the control name (form1Defer vs. form1Schedule in this case).

I don't think this helps much but it's the best I could see.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Neftali, this might help me. I was afraid I may miss something if I hacked the code because of what might be lurking past the HTML input tag...

I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean. I'm usually "brave" when creating pages from scratch (and that's a lot to say) but editing existing ones is a whole different beast to tame!

Just don't forget to make at least 3 backup copies before ... you know Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that all you need to run deferred is to have a object called IBIMR_defer, and set it to "defer".

But I don't use composter.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBIMR_defer

I'll be trying this now, as this is what we used to do back in the days of beautiful, hand-tooled code.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
OK, I've figured this out. As per the old fashioned technique, I created a hidden text field called IBIMR_defer. Then I added a new button that sets the text field to "defer", submits the report fex and sets the text field back to blank. I had to also "bind" a report parameter called IBIMR_defer.

Now I neeed to replicate this in 9 other HTML files.

I isolated the code and this is what I have to copy:

JS:
//Begin function button13_onclick
function button13_onclick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
document.getElementById('IBIMR_defer').value = 'defer';
OnExecute(ctrl)
document.getElementById('IBIMR_defer').value = '';
}
//End function button13_onclick

HTML field and button:
<INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 190; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 90px; HEIGHT: 20px; TOP: 40px; LEFT: 690px" 
id=button13 language=javascript tabIndex=184 onclick=button13_onclick(this) value=Defer 
type=button autoExecute="false" requests_list="21" name="button13"></SPAN> 
<INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 189; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 80px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 20px; TOP: 58px; LEFT: 700px" 
id=IBIMR_defer tabIndex=183 value=" " defaultselection="1" persistentuniqueid="compUid_393" name="IBIMR_defer"></SPAN> 

At the very bottom:
<request requestid="21" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="window" targetname="wf_defer" ibif_ex="app/summary1.fex"
IBIMR_domain="mrdom001/mrdom001.htm" IBIMR_folder="#summaryrepor" IBIMR_sub_action="MR_STD_REPORT" activereport="0"
reportcolumns="" reportrealcolumns="" ibiapp_app=""></request></requests></rootxmlnode></script>

The unfortunate part of looking at the code is that the "bound" report parameters generate an overdose of code that I'm afraid to paste into the HTML file (for instance, why are there 'slider_range_from' and 'slider_range_to' tags for a hidden text field?):
<requestid id="21"></requestid></variable>

<variable controltype="7" parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="default" desc="IBIMR_defer" name="IBIMR_defer" default=" " 
textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" top="250" left="360" width="60" height="20" inbinding="1">

<link linktype="default" from="compUid_393">

<condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="4" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0"
conditionmultiselectoperator="0">

<data_info checkForDuplicateValues="0" displayfield="IBIMR_defer" datafield="IBIMR_defer" datasource="&data_view.mas"
datatype="0" selectedvalue=" " operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue=" " sourcetype="typeMaster">

<static_values>

<static value=" " display=" " selected="1" noinput="0"></static></static_values></data_info></condition></link>

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I decided to be a good boy and follow orders by doing it using the GUI - I only copy-pasted the JavaScript lines.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh how the great have fallen.

Music

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There is no need for any manual coding or copy/pasting. If you right-click the form, there is an option on the context menu to Add a Defer button.

If you don't have a form, you create a button, and then right-click it to invoke the Hyperlink Properties and set a hyperlink to use an external procedure (your report), and then from the Target column, select Defer.

That's it...

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
right-click the form

Who'd a thunk it ?

Big Grin

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who'd a thunk it ?

Agreed! The funny part is that when playing with this I right-clicked the report to "Refresh parameters" and even the "Submit" button to get to "Hyperlink properties" to see if an option to include the "Run Defer" button was offered. It just never occurred to me to right-click the actual form ...

quote:
be a good boy and follow orders by doing it using the GUI

Perhaps I should do as Francis ... who knows, I may start finding pleasant surprises within the realm of the GUI Razzer

Expert
posted Hide Post
There is always hope.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Solved!

Somehow I missed David's solution.

Thank you.

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,
This is Lee Martin. I am trying to do the same thing being talked about here and was only partially successful. I am able to copy a self_service htm file into MRE, add the deferred button and it submits a report deferred. But I'm unable yet to pass the parms collected from the htm page. It just calls the .fex and "autoprompts". What am I missing as far as passing the parms to the .fex using the Deferred button? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.