Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to delete FOC files through HTML?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to delete FOC files through HTML?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
I have a requirement where in I need to embed the script to delete the FOC files when the User CLICKS Close Button from the HTML Browser. I will be putting the Confirmation message after the user clicks Close Button. If the User selects Yes then all the Foc files that will be created in that session should be deleted.

Can anybody guide me through this as it is an urgent requirement?

Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 7.1
Windows
Output: HTML, Excel & PDF

<JG>
posted
I assume that you are not using the edatemp directory to hold these files
because if you are then the will be deleted automatically.

HTML CANNOT delete files on the server

All you need to do is create a new focexec that contains

!del c:\*.* (actually I would not do that but rather give it the correct directory\*.foc structure)

The focexec would be executed when the user clicked the confirm button

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can also use the APP DELETEF command in the focexec.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think one of the big questions is how are you going to get a procedure to run (which would be something kind of form action, url call, etc.) by clicking on a browser window function. Clicking on toolbars, maximize, close, etc. in a standard browser window is no going to perform some function within the windows itself.

Combined with JG's comments, I don't think your approach to this issue is valid. What is the real problem? Why are you needing to delete the FOC files? Are they in EDATEMP? If not, why? More info please...

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Actualy at a time nearly 150-200 users will be accessing the report. The report will be developed to pull the real time data. In order to retain the same resultset(In order to Export to PDF/Excel) we are creating the FOC files with the User name who is accessing the report. So when the user closes the Report we need to delete the Foc file that has got created when the user logged in.

WebFOCUS 7.1
Windows
Output: HTML, Excel & PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
It might be easier for you to leave them there and then have a Report Caster job or a scheduled Windows script go through the directory (hopefully the same one for all of these user-named files) and delete them based on some sort of date and time criteria.

Or you could upgrade to 7.6.5 and make use of the FOCCACHE option. Wink

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned, there is NO functional link between closing a web browser and cleaning up the WF server. You could put a button or link on the report itself which would excute a cleanup fex, but if the user doesn't click it, you still need some mechanism to clean them up after the fact as Ginny suggests. The FOCCACHE stuff I saw at this year's Summit conference would be an ideal option for you.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
In order to Export to PDF/Excel

Now we have the reason.

By far the easiest way to manage this is to have a delete at the beginning
of the focexec that creates the first extract and not worry about cleaning
up on closing the report.

Report This Post