Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     pinning an image to a cell in excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
pinning an image to a cell in excel
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Cognos can pin an image to a cell in excel
Progress can pin an image to a cell in excel
wf...? we gotta be able to figure this out.
i have no clue.
"Pinning" means: expand the row height and the picture stays put, pinned to the topleft corner of the cell. Currently, they float. bedlam ensues. Progress "addresses the excel com object" (what that means is beyond me)

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
susannah,

In both 533 and 71 it does not matter where I put an image, heading, footing, data element, column heading etc.
It stays pinned to the top left of the cell to which it is assigned and does not move if you resize the cell.
Same in both Excel 2000 and 2003

Could you post an example of how you are doing it.

JG

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jg, i just tried it in devstudio 534
Doesn't work at all.
pictures get "pinned" to the wrong cells.
clicking on the picture, showing properties, the feature "move with cells" is checked.
but the pictures, if they're taller than a default row in excel, dont pin to the proper cell.
any idea how i could make the rows taller maybe?
i suppose i could trick it.
HEY THAT WORKED!
i used alot of OVERs to make extra room.
now the pix pin to the proper cell.
Now i tested it in 52..works!
its just that the cells have to be tall enough to get the picture to pin where you want it...
Thanks for the lead...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Susannah,

My bet is that you are using Excel 2002 Sp3.

The default for Excel should be "Move but don't size with cells"

However there is a bug in Excel 2002 SP3 that Microsoft issued a hotfix for
(829348 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/) Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004)

Although this specifically mentions controls and not pictures I believe that the fix was to change the default to
"Move and size with cells" which is what is causing your problem.

I think we should blame this one on Mr. Gates and not Mr. Cohen

JG

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Susannah,

Pinning an image to an absolute cell is great, if you have an absolutely static report that never varies in length or content.

With WebFocus if you need do to that you can achieve it by using macros or in 71 using templates. In the same way you can set row heights, column widths and merge cells to hold your image and format the spread sheet any way you want.

The reason the competion have to use absolute cell addresses is because they cannot generate truely dynamic reports in Excel.

Try setting an absolute cell address for an image on a sort break where the number of rows is variable dependant on user selection parms.

I do not have the issue with an image attaching to a wrong cell if the image is large.

If you are putting them into a header or footer try adding HEADALIGN=BODY to the Focus styling. That way your cells are constant in the spreadsheet.

Report This Post