Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Composer Display Issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Composer Display Issues
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm trying to display two reports side by side in one composer fex. The reports are basically copies of each other except in one of them I subtract 1 from the year parameter. I'm including them in the composer fex by just using an include statement.

When the report on the left hand side (i.e. the fex that was included first) does not return any rows the report on the right doesn't display correctly. It will display a report total, but not the details.

Are there any ideas on how to fix this or is there a better way to show two reports side by side?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
There's always another way, and sometimes even a better way. I'd lok into using the date (YEAR and YEAR-1) as a parameter (&RPTYEAR) and -REPEAT thru it twice with an "ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT&RPTYEAR FORMAT HTMTABLE and use those reports in a -HTMLFORM block using ...etc...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's Freebie For You...
SET PAGE = OFF
DEFINE FILE EMPLOYEE
HIRE_YEAR/A2=EDIT(EDIT(HIRE_DATE),'99') ;
END
-REPEAT ReportLoop FOR &LoopNumber FROM 1 TO 2 ;
-SET &ReportNumber = 80 + &LoopNumber ;
-TYPE *** REPORT &ReportNumber
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
HEADING
"REPORT &LoopNumber : HIRE_YEAR: 19<+0><HIRE_YEAR"
SUM SALARY
BY LAST_NAME 
BY FIRST_NAME
WHERE HIRE_YEAR EQ '&ReportNumber.EVAL'
ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT&ReportNumber FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-ReportLoop
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<TABLE><TR><TD VALIGN=TOP>!IBI.FIL.REPORT81;</TD><TD VALIGN=TOP>!IBI.FIL.REPORT82;</TD></TR></TABLE>
-HTMLFORM END
-EXIT
Cool

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Very cool stuff! Sorry again for the slow reply (email filtering got a little out of hand). I'll give these a try just to learn the technique.

I ended up building an html page and just populating two frames. But it will be good to learn these ways as well.

Thanks so much for the help!

Kevin Patterson
Appalachian State University
WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows, All Outputs