Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Image on subfoot on field to appear underneath fields

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Image on subfoot on field to appear underneath fields
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a command that allows an image on a subfoot on a field to appear underneath fields? (PDF output) Currently, the code below causes the image to block the fields(FIELD_1 FIELD_2), but I'd like the fields to appear in front of the image, (the image is a gif of a table, and the fields will appear to be placed inside the table).

Thanks for your help!

TABLE FILE TABLE_VIEW
PRINT
FIELD_1
FIELD_2
BY FIELD_3
ON FIELD_3 SUBFOOT
" "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
BY=1,
IMAGE=picture.gif,
POSITION=(+8.000000 -0.500000),
SIZE=(2.000000 0.750000),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode

Posts: 13 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: November 18, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Adam:

To control the positioning of images you have to make use of the Position attribute. You are currently telling WebFOCUS to position your image at a "X" position of +8 inches, and a Y position of "-.5" images from the start of the subfoot line.

Try making the "Y" position a +.5 inches. You may have to experiment with the "X,Y" values to get the proper positioning of the images.

You may also want to consider using Points instead of inches as you "UNITS" value, since Points gives you more precise positioning of images.

John K

Posts: 62 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 29, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestion, John, although I am aware of the ability to change the positioning of the field, and am exploring how to make an image appear below (underneath) fields on a subfoot that is subfooting on a field. Perhaps a way to explain this better would be to think of transparencies, 1 transparency would have the fields on it, and another would have the image on it. Placing the tranparency with the image down first, and then placing the transparency with the fields down on top of that, is what I'm trying to achieve. Thank you again, though John! (good tip with using points instead of inches as the UNITS value)
Any others thoughts on if this is possible?

Posts: 13 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: November 18, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Adam:

I don't understand the problem you are having.

I have often used a transparent image as a background color for a subfoot that is used to print subtotals. Just create a transparent image and position it in the subfoot area, using the "X" "Y" positioning attributes.

The Subfoot background gif image will be in the background, and the WebFOCUS generated subtotals will print on top of the image. If you are having difficulty positioning the WebFOCUS generated subtotals, then add filler subfoot lines.

Posts: 62 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 29, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In Dev Studio / Report Options / PDF Images tab / Location drop down / there are the following choices..
Page
Page Footer
Page Header
Report Footer
Report Header
Sub Footer{Field_3}

I'm interpreting this as that if there was a picture on each location (layer or transparency) the report output would have the Sub Footer on top, then the Report layers, then the Page layers underneath (thinking of each image location as a different piece of paper or transparency).
Having the image appear as a background is exactly what I'm shooting for, but if I change the Location of where the image will be, it would not appear at every instance of Sub Footer{Field_3}.
John, you mentioned that I should create a transparent image, is there a command I could enter into the source code that would achieve that? Thanks for your continued suggestions!

posted Hide Post
Or maybe there is a command that tells WebFOCUS to place fields in the foreground, so that images (now matter what layer they are on) won't block them, but rather appear behind them?

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Adam:

I have never used Developer Studio for placing my report images. I just due it using an old fashioned editor.

Here is what I did to create a background image for a subfoot:

TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=DUMMYSORT, IMAGE=ReportGreyTotal227.gif, POSITION=(+10 +0), SIZE=(736 17),$

The image ReportGreyTotal1227.gif was created using a image creation tool. I made sure to create a transparent image. This is done outside of WebFOCUS. This image created a grey background for that subfoot line.

I suggest getting out of Developer Studio, and just go into an editor and add similar code to your report.

posted Hide Post
I hate to be the bearer of unhappy news, but I tried your suggestion of making an image that was transparent (in photoshop, I specifically checked the transparent check box when creating a new gif) and then put Dev Studio aside to continue coding using a text editor, and received the same result of the image blocking the fields.

Out of curiosity, I placed the same image on the report background with the following code..

TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=picture.gif,
$

and it appeared in the background, in the way I'd like it to appear on every subfoot on a specific field.

This may not even be possible, but it appears that you have done so, seeing that our code is identical. Was the report you created, HTML or Excel output?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try using TabFooting instead of Subfoot in the style sheet and see if that makes a difference.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah HA!

If I use a negative number in the POSITION, it blocks the fields (but the image is placed perfectly), but if I use all positive numbers, the image is placed in the background with the fields on top (but the image is too low). I'll have to see if editing my gif will allow me to properly place the image while making sure it doesn't block the fields.

TYPE=SUBFOOT,
BY=1,
IMAGE=picture.gif,
POSITION=(+8.000000 -0.500000),
$

TYPE=SUBFOOT,
BY=1,

IMAGE=picture.gif,

POSITION=(+8.000000 0.500000),

$

Thanks for you suggestions and help everyone!