Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Pass numeric formatting to hold file output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Pass numeric formatting to hold file output
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to get the hold file output to preserve the numeric or percentage formatting?

For example: I have an output with commas in a number as AMTRMNG/P12C and the commas do not get passed to the hold output.

Or PCTRMNG/P10.1% does not have the percent sign in the hold output.

Or MONYR/MYYtr does not have the Alpha month written to the hold output.

I'm trying use WRITE to create an HTML table that I can dump into a JQuery grid and the data does not have the format that I desire.

Thanks,

Norb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Norb Eckert,

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Norb,

Think about it.

P10.1 and P12 are storage formats.
% ad C are display options.

If you want to actually have display options in your held data then you have to use a format that actually holds
the output as it would be seen on screen, i.e. FORMAT WP (No master generated)

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could use function PTOA (or FTOA) to convert your numbers into alphanumeric values, including formatting. You can do the same with dates by using function DATETRAN.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I figured I'd have to do some sort of coversion to alpha but that can be messy.

I hadn't thought of the WP output format. Thanks JG I'll check i out although not knowing what it looks like returned to an ajax call, I'm not sure how that will work - we'll see.

One thing I did was to create and XMLR file as this preserves the formatting and the column titles. Then I was able to reformat the data into a table/thead/tbody/tfoot and load the JQuery grid. Unfortunately this is slow for large tables and the client side sorting is slow as well. I do wish that IB wrote a standard, well formed table with good tags. I wouldn't have to rewrite the output to prepare it for the JQuery grid.

Thanks for your help JG and Dan.

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post