Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Prompt EDASERVE Credential in MRE after Change Password

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Prompt EDASERVE Credential in MRE after Change Password
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We recently switched to Single Sign-On and is leveraging the authentication on the MVS(RACF). Users login thru the MRE and the RACF password rule is to change passwords every 35days. To change the password thru MRE they enter:

Password box:
(oldpassword,newpassword)

Once they changed the password they are able to login to MRE. The issue is when they launch a report it prompts them to reenter userid and password.

Reporting Server - MVS
Client Server - Windows

Authentication Parameter
IBIMR_user
IBIMR_pass

Authentication Setting:
Authentication - External WFRS (MVS TSOID)
Authorization - Internal

Admin Console --> Configuration --> Reporting Server
IBI_REPORT_USER - blank
IBI_REPORT_PASS - blank
IBI_REPORT_SERVER - EDASERVE

MRE Change password:
Change Password: (old password,new password)

edaprint.log
09/05/2011 15:42:41 password,changed,(u=userid)
09/05/2011 15:42:41 connecting cmrpip000018 tscomid=1,sesid=16
09/05/2011 15:42:42 processing cmrpip000018 u=userid,g=group,l=USR
-*********** After changing password then launching report it
-*********** prompt edaserve credential again. Could the password failure below indicate its not passing new password??
09/05/2011 15:43:01 rejected cmrpip000019 u=userid (password failure)

2 questions:
1. Does anyone in the community have the same setting as we do?
Single Signon Authenticating thru MVS(RACF) and is experiencing this issue after change password.

2. Does anyone signon in MRE have the capability for when password expire open a Change Password box to change password instead of (oldpassword,newpassword)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. Does anyone in the community have the same setting as we do?
Single Signon Authenticating thru MVS(RACF) and is experiencing this issue after change password.

I've done this for clients int he past with the same or similar arch. I would make this a two step process. a) change the password, b) logon to the MRE. You can easily do this be creating your own password change screen, and perform the change password through an Ajax request. If the results of the request are ok, then force a logon to the MRE application (using Javascript). If you try to do this in one step, then the cookie's will see the "oldpassword,newpassword" as the whole password and continue to force a logon for the subsequent requests.

quote:
2. Does anyone signon in MRE have the capability for when password expire open a Change Password box to change password instead of (oldpassword,newpassword)?

This might be in violation of your companies security policy. In 99.9% of the places I've done work for, you are to tell the user as little as possible when they are trying to log in to a system ... especially on a MF. Verify that you are allowed to do this and then open a problem ticket with CSS. This was possible - with version 7.6 - and I did this for a customer a few years ago. However, I do not remember the necessary steps. CSS helped me back then, so they should be able to help you now.

I had the customer sign a waiver before I put the code in production. They had to assume all responsibility for giving away too much information for an invalid logon.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dhagen!!

I'll talk to our Infrastructure group about your solutions.

Always appreciate your help.

WF 8105M
- Portal, Dashboard
- Rcaster, Data Migrator
- Windows 2012 Client Server
- Dev/App Studio 8105
- Data: SQL, Oracle, Neteeza,MVS