Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error at printing a field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error at printing a field
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi guys I got an amper variable, which represents a date that comes in this format 'DD.MM.YYYY'.
I converted that to 'DDMMYYY' using this DEFINE:
DEFINE FILE HOLDFILE
ST_DATE/A10 = '&FECHA';
FD_DATE/A8DMYY = EDIT(ST_DATE,'99$99$9999');
END

I think that this is correct, but when I perform the PRINT statement to see what I'm getting:

TABLE FILE HOLDFILE
PRINT FD_DATE
IF RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
END

I obtain this error:
(FOC493) NO ACCESSIBLE FIELDS ARE MENTIONED IN THE REQUEST

I searched but couldn't find anything related to that.

Thank you so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bohorkez,

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS insists on associating DEFINE fields with a real segment.field, even when the table is single segment. Your DEFINEs do not mention a real field, thus the error message. Use the following syntax to solve the problem:

DEFINE FILE HOLDFILE
 ST_DATE/A10 WITH <HOLDFILE fieldname> = '&FECHA';
 FD_DATE/A8DMYY = EDIT(ST_DATE,'99$99$9999');
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Satchell,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Ok Dan I understand but that which goes after WITH what kind of type can be? it has to be the same type of ST_DATE? What could I do if my hold file didn't have a field of the type of ST_DATE?

Thank you for your help

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
which goes after WITH what kind of type can be?

Any field will do, no matter is data type or length. All WebFOCUS needs is something "physical" in the segment to link your newly DEFINE'd field.

To follow your other post regarding dates, we would stress the point to stick to DATES (YYMD) and not LEGACY ones (A8YYMD) as most date-based functions in WebFOCUS expect a field to be YYMD to operate upon.

-SET &NEW_DATE = EDIT(&FECHA, '99$99$9999');

DEFINE FILE HOLDFILE
FD_DATE/YYMD WITH ANY_FIELD_YOU_HAVE = DATECVT('&NEW_DATE', 'A8YYMD', 'YYMD');
END

TABLE FILE HOLDFILE
PRINT FD_DATE
IF RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
END

Hope this helps.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I tried what you guys suggested and my problem is solved now.

Dan, njsden thank you so much for the support!

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
You have to think of the solution to this error as giving an orphan a family by assinging a mother.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
You have to think of the solution to this error as giving an orphan a family by assinging a mother.

Impossible to forget the solution with that metaphor!

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post