Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] iframe - loading

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] iframe - loading
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to replace or disable the "loading please wait..." animation that occurs if you reference a FEX in the HTML composer (creates an iframe). Below is a sample picture of what I'm talking about. It shows the output of an HTML page while loaading. You can see that the second report is still showing loading please wait. I'd rather replace this with something of my own or not display anything.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.

Posts: 65 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: March 06, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You may use the : "IbComposer_showHtmlElement" function to hide or show the element.

Do a search in DevStudio Help with : "Using JavaScript Code With HTML Composer Pages"

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
MartinY, I gave that a shot but it still didn't work. As far as I can tell there is an iframe called loadingiframe, the image and the text itself are called image1 and text1. Here's the code I used:

IbComposer_showHtmlElement('text1', false);

IbComposer_showHtmlElement('image1', false);

IbComposer_showHtmlElement('loadingiframe', false);  

Posts: 65 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: March 06, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you used HTML Composer to design the web page, it automatically defaults to the loading message. You can control that from the Properties. You can use the default screen, custom screen or none, by modifying the "Loading screen" attribute. Change it to "Not set". If you want to do it in code, look for the html body tag and add this to it:
 loadingscreen="none"

Something like this:
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" class=IBI_PageBg maptype="0" thumbnailscale="4" elementtype="21" edaconnectionrequired="false" loadingscreen="none">

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Note that this affects all programs on the screen - I don't think you can choose which iframes get the message.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis, that is where I started. It is actually set to none yet the loading still shows.

Each individual iframe loading an FEX is still showing the loading page despite the body tag reading "none".

Expert
posted Hide Post
Egon, I haven't experienced this issue. I'd try a test - create a blank HTML page and use it as the custom loading message.
<html></html>

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
okay, I went ahead and created the most basic custom HTML page outside of webfocus and used it as the custom loading message.

Tried it in several different HTML pages and it didn't work on any. Every iframe referencing an existing fex/procedure is still using the standard loading screen.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Egon,

It works exactly as Francis has suggested - just double checked using script debug.

When in Composer, select the "BODY" within the properties dialog. Click the ellipsis next to the "Loading Screen" attribute and select "Not Set" from the list and that should be all you need to do. As Francis states, this will apply to the entire HTML.

If you want to check it as I have done, then run your HMTL page and go to "Developer Tools" - F12 in IE (if your site allows you to!).

Click on the "Script" link in the menu. Locate the "UpdateData();" in the left hand pane and click in the margin against it. In IE this will place a brown circle in the margin to show that this is a break-point.

Now click on "Start debugging" towards the top. Your HTML page may issue you a dialog asking to "Retry" or "Cancel" - click on "Cancel" and the screen will refresh and then the page scripting should stop when it reaches the break point. At this point, your HTML page should be showing the "loading" iframe.

In my tests, I see a blank screen with "Loading Screen" set to "Not Set" and the spinning GIF when set to "Default".

If none of this helps then it would be useful to see your HTML file - but I wouldn't suggest that you post it here. Raise a case on Info Response so that Tech Support can try and help you.

If you do raise a case, then please let me know what the case number is - if I can then I will happily work with the Tech to assist if required.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
when I tell the debug to stop at UpdateData(); I always see a white screen. I tried it with "not set", "default", and "custom". As soon as I continue debugging the loading screen shows up no matter what I tried. Sounds like I will have to open up a ticket.

Here's the code for one of the most basic HTML pages that is causing this issue.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<HTML style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(245,245,245)"><HEAD>
<META content=IE=Edge http-equiv=X-UA-Compatible>
<META name=mycharsetmeta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=Generation content="Created in release 8008, Generation 4">
<META name=viewport content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0"><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps/ibi_html";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer);var nlsScript="/javaassist/nls.js";var glbScript="/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js";var replacePart="<replace>";
var scriptTemplate='<script src="'+replacePart+'" type="text/javascript"><\/script>';if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + nlsScript));document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + glbScript));</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps/ibi_html'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><TITLE>D-F-W-I rates</TITLE>
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</SCRIPT>

<STYLE></STYLE>
<!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" maptype="0" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" edaconnectionrequired="true" ibiapp_app="DataCenter/EnrollmentManagement/Dashboard/HTML" ismre="1" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IR/DataCenter/EnrollmentManagement/Dashboard/HTML/T2_DFWI.htm"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="report1" elementtype="2" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/></html_elements><variables></variables><input_controls></input_controls><requests><request requestid="report1" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IR/DataCenter/EnrollmentManagement/Dashboard/Reports/DetailPages/D-F-W-I/T2_DFWI-Detail.fex" ibiapp_app="DataCenter/EnrollmentManagement/Dashboard/HTML" activeType="-1" activereport="0" compoundreport="0"/></requests><other_bound_objects></other_bound_objects><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"><taskitem id="report1" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="report1"/></task></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}</script></HEAD>
<BODY style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(245,245,245)" class=IBI_PageBg loadingscreen="none"><IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: hidden; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: hidden; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: hidden; HEIGHT: 100%; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: hidden; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 10px" id=report1 class="IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" title=T2_DFWI-Detail.fex name="report1"></IFRAME></BODY><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_loader
if(typeof doBeforeLoad === 'function'){doBeforeLoad();}function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</script></HTML>

<!-- cc 00000 -->  

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Egon,

I assumed from earlier comments (incorrectly!) that you were using Dev Studio, but it appears from the code that you've posted, that you are actually using App Studio. Am I right?

The testing that I was doing was entirely in Dev Studio 8.0.08 and everything works OK there.

When I try the same tests within App Studio 8.0.08 then I see what you mean. It doesn't matter what option you chose for the loading screen, the spinning gif always shows.

This is definitely one to call in. Don't forget to mention that it is App Studio and not Dev Studio that this occurs within.

T

p.s Thanks to A.B. for the "nudge" Smiler

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm using app studio, I will go ahead and call it in. I will post the case number here.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The only difference that I can spot between the two - App and Dev Studios - is that App Studio seems to load and run "composerloading.html" irrespective of what setting is given to "Loading Screen" whereas Dev Studio only appears to load and run it when set to "Default".

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Case #: 20693557

I will follow up with updates when available.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The other difference between App Studio and Dev Studio is that App Studio has too many bugs to make it useful.

I've indirectly been informed that the first usable version of App Studio is 8.1.03, which means it needs to run with server/client 8.1.03.

Francis