Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Works But Doesn't

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Works But Doesn't
 Login/Join

posted
I know this sounds odd but I have a report that works perfectly when I run it via developer studio but throws FOC14010 messages when I run it via my web application using the following CFML:

I verified that good data is being passed via the Cold Fusion variables. Can anyone think of anything else that would cause this report to fail via web application but work perfectly in developer studio?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS MRE
Windows XP
Output: Excel and sometimes PDF.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I had to look up the message and based on that you are having what I call a 'pathing' problem. You don't say whether you are running with an MFD or SQL passthru.

When you run from DS, you run as you and possibly have application pathing set up for your id. If you run from a browser, you may be running from a default id that only has access to the global profile.

Or you have your master in two different places, they are not the same, and the DS report has access to the correct one.

Please examine your environment to see if any of this makes sense.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:

Copy your .fex into the baseapp folder and then try it again.

IB - Developer Center Forums FOCUS/WebFOCUS Report Works But Doesn't

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your form:

<FORM name="form18" action="#wfServer#" method="post"  target="_blank">
  <input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="pcms_18">
  <input type="hidden" name="PkForWF" value="#variable.theInvoicePK#">
  <input type="hidden" name="FirstName" value="#variable.UserFirstName#">
  <input type="hidden" name="LastName" value="#variable.UserLastName#">
  <input type="hidden" name="PhoneNum" value="#variable.UserPhone#">
</FORM> 

specifies which fex to execute, but not where it resides. Add another hidden input, IBIAPP_app, pointing to the appropriate app folder on the server.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The IBIAPP_app parameter is not required if the program resides in an app folder in the Application Path.

"fail via web application" - what is the error? Is the program not found? Is the master not found?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the text of the error that appears in the browser:

"(FOC14010) E.TCOMPANY_FK IS NOT A VALID COLUMN NAME"

I don't understand how a column could be invalid via the browser and work just fine under Developer Studio. I appreciate any assistance in helping me understand this issue further.

Chris

WebFOCUS MRE
Windows XP

Guru
posted Hide Post
Please post the code !!

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We have been trying to help you. Are you using a master file description? If yes, is there more than one version of the one you are using? Are they different?

Have you checked into application paths, re: discussion of IBIAPP_app above?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't understand how a column could be invalid via the browser and work just fine under Developer Studio

This can happen when your application path is different in each of the environments. You could be pointing to a different Master.

Add the following code to determine which Application folder the Master is found in:
WHENCE master-file-name MASTER
-RUN

Add the following code to see all the fields in the Master:
?FF master-file-name
-RUN
(Substitute master-file-name for the one you're using)

Add these commands to the top of your program in both environments and the results should help you determine what's going on.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Thanks for that code suggestion. It looks like the issue is definitely with the path. When I run it within Developer Studio it's different from what I get within the web application environment so I'll have to work with my server admins to get them synch'ed up.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas,
Chris

WebFOCUS MRE
Windows XP