Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Multiselect OR Tree Control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Multiselect OR Tree Control
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Another question, hopefully someone can help me with.

With the Multiselect OR parm that I have to create in the Composer, how do I pass the value to the Report fex? This does not behave like the other controls and anyway I try, it does not work.

Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to do these is to create the fex first before the HTML, without the where statements and then be sure to use the GUI, inside Dev Studio to do your where statements and be sure to select the multi-select feature and it will code it for you. It prompts you through the steps. Hope this helps.

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows

Posts: 118 | Location: Livonia, MI | Registered: March 27, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kathy

I think in normal circumstances this should work like noraml but a Tree Control is a different "beast". It surely doesn't behave like the other controls.

I have to manually create a new parameter in Composer to allow it a multiselect to get my checkboxes instead of the radio buttons. I just don't understand how to pass that parameter to the report fex.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
The issue has been resolved. For what ever reason, it failed to create the requestid for the parameter. I had to manually create it.

<requestidid="5"></requestid></variable>  

This is what I got from IBI.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05