Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dashboard Portal - My Reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dashboard Portal - My Reports
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
We are upgrading from 7.6.10 to 7.7.03 Client and 7.7.05 Server. With this upgrade we will be dramatically enhancing our group view reporting portal. The new group view will not display the role tree nor domains.

We want to enable our users to retain report parameters with a prompt to “Save my selections” and allow them to update date ranges or filter values for future reporting as “My Reports”. Additionally, we want to put some limits on the values they can update when running new reports.

1. What out-of-the-box WebFocus features are in place to enable some edits of saved reports?
2. Portal accessibility
a. The optimal solution would have the “My Reports” pop up on the screen when the user goes to the group view.
b. The alternative would be to have the “My Reports” appear as a link in the dashboard.
3. Users should be able to retain the output reports in a library accessible through the group view.
4. Crucial and worth restating: We want the users to have access to these saved parameters while having no access to domains or the role tree.
5. We will open up a case with IBI but the preference is always to seek truth from the Focus Nation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Sandy,

I as well had that criteria where I didn't want the users to have to go the Tree to pull up My Reports, but I didn't find a way around it. I am currently on 7.7.03. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Now I am testing WF 8002. You may find more ability to do what you want in this version. You can add panels and include only My Content. Now you can drag and drop reports from My Content to a Report Panel.

This is all on a Portal Page.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is a very welcome feature. I don't think there is a provision for editing a saved selection - the user can load the previously saved selection, make changes, save the selection, then delete the old selection. I built my own version of Save parameters, saving them to a db. I did not build in the capability for editing a saved selection.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Matt:
We're just upgrading to 7.7.03 for production and version 8.0.whatever won't happen for a while. I really appreciate your time and the pictures of the Version 8 portal.

Francis:
So maybe we might open a NFR as well as open a case for 2 Penn Center.

This thread is far from closed and complete and we welcome all suggestions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Good Luck! I know I struggled with what you are looking for.

Sharing here:

I am just tinkering with Security in 8 determining how to setup a new portal for a group of users to allow them to save HTML selections and share them with other users without giving them access to the list of Report Fex's that drive this Portal.

Here's another option to give them access to the Resource link and be able to hide what they shouldnt see, but only give them access to what you want them to be able to drag out.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
Matt - thanks for sharing on this one. I sincerely welcome suggestions from everybody else in the Focus Nation.

Sandy Kadish